Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Are there ANY good chalets in Les Arcs?????

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Planning to go to Les Arcs in a couple of weeks time and have been searching for a med size chalet 14-25 people (we are a group of 4). Thing is everytime I find one I look for reviews and they are pretty grim Toofy Grin . Anyone know of a good one? Would like to be close to lifts/ski schools as have a couple of beginners with us (one 7 year old). Any help most gratefully received Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We stayed in Chalet Altitude in Arc 2000 three years ago, sleeps 14 or 16 I think. The bedrooms were among the smallest I've ever had before but all en-suite, and the front room area was huge. It was clean and tidy and, sizeof rooms aside, perfectly good for what we wanted. Close to the slopes too.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Parkyparcours, Arc en Ciel, Skiworld. Arc 2000. We stayed in the nearby Arcadie.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Le Foret with Ski Olympic. Bigger than you specify but really nice. Situated in Vallandry (handy for link to La Plagne). Ski In Ski Out

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Sun 14-02-10 23:08; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Big Dave wrote:
Le Foret with Ski Olympic. Bigger than you specify but really nice. Situated in Vallandry (hand for link to La Plagne). Ski In Ski Out

another vote for this
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Parkyparcours, I stayed in the Chalet Vanoise in Arc 2000 with Skiworld a couple of years ago. Had no complaints and the location was brilliant.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
daehwons wrote:
Big Dave wrote:
Le Foret with Ski Olympic. Bigger than you specify but really nice. Situated in Vallandry (hand for link to La Plagne). Ski In Ski Out

another vote for this

As per my other thread, how would a solo skier fit in at Le Foret? Like the position etc but just think it's a little to big to work for one among many? Have stopped at Ski Olympic's Rosset in Tignes (40 people) a few times and not found it a problem but nearly 80 is a little on the large side?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
stevew wrote:
daehwons wrote:
Big Dave wrote:

another vote for this

As per my other thread, how would a solo skier fit in at Le Foret? Like the position etc but just think it's a little to big to work for one among many? Have stopped at Ski Olympic's Rosset in Tignes (40 people) a few times and not found it a problem but nearly 80 is a little on the large side?

The OP was looking for a group of 4, so presumably not a problem for them. But if you are a single skier then I would also not think that was a problem, but obviously depends on people's gregariousness. Ski Olympic do ski hosting so perfect opportunity to meet and ski with others from the chalethotel. Also La Foret has a bar, which tends to be used only by the chalethotel guests, so again an opportunity to meet others over a beer. Not sure that 40/70 makes that much difference in some ways - chalet is likely to be made up of many small groups.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
try peisey? snowchateaux, seventy3, skiamis plus others I haven't looked at in detail
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Big Dave wrote:
The OP was looking for a group of 4, so presumably not a problem for them. But if you are a single skier then I would also not think that was a problem, but obviously depends on people's gregariousness. Ski Olympic do ski hosting so perfect opportunity to meet and ski with others from the chalethotel. Also La Foret has a bar, which tends to be used only by the chalethotel guests, so again an opportunity to meet others over a beer. Not sure that 40/70 makes that much difference in some ways - chalet is likely to be made up of many small groups.

Thanks for the info
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
There are various catered chalet apartments in the Chalet des Neiges complex in Arc 2000 - we stayed in Chalet l'Arc there three weeks ago. We were a group of 10, there were two other couples. Virtually ski-in ski-out: the 'Rhodos' drag was just over the road. We also stayed in Chaley Bayona, Plan Peisey three years ago - really convenient for the Vanoise Express if you want to ski both sides of the valley.
http://www.ifyouski.com/abs/information.asp?AccommodationID=2081
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
HChalkley, thanks - looked up both but booked up to the end of the season nearly... must be good Crying or Very sad
Big Dave, le floret looks like a winner - will chase up today. thanks Laughing Laughing I like the idea of a bigger place as Zander (7) is more likely to have other children to mix with. Agree that it doesn't make that much difference as it will be all groups - only issue is if you get a massive group that have taken over most of the chalet. Not a fan of the ski hosting as its all on piste and is a bit like an antipodean tour of Europe - cover a lot of ground but a bit soul-less. We did it for half a day in Val and found it really boring.... Like the idea of a bar though:-)

Thank you all! THIS is why I love snowheads - you actually get some facts!!!!!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Parkyparcours,

Hope you get a place at La Foret and enjoy. Check out the last minute bargains on the Ski Olympic site as they often drastically reduce the brochure price of this chalet (have trouble filling such a large place). We might be going there ourselves in a few weeks.
Dave
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Big Dave, yeah rang them today - theres a couple of hundred off the brochure price. Seems crazy that I'm paying the same that I did 10 years ago! Only thing is there are no London flights so will have to go for Brum. No probs with that really - as long as we can get there early enough. Have a good hol and thanks for the info. wink
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy