Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Moguls

Poster: A snowHead
Just watching the ladies moguls. Great to watch but surely this can't be good for the old knees?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
if one or both of their knees haven't blown yet, they will do at some point, almost 100% knee injury rate according to a brit olympic mogul skier I talked to in Verbier a couple of years ago.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I passed a similar comment on watching it earlier. Devastated for Jen Heil but that was an incredible run from, to be fair, both of the podium-holding Americans.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
i thought the 2 americans and the canadian deserved it although i gotta say i liked the yank who fell over she was looking good untill she fell over , i think our best hope is ice skating or curling ......
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Absolutely awe-inspiring stuff... thankfully this is a "young person's game" due to the knee thing so at the grand old age of 36 I can say "I'm pants at moguls" because I'm *ahem* protecting my knees. Very Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
cant wait till tonight and the replays of the mens mogul comp tomorrow.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I remember reading an interview with a female mogul skier a few years ago... she'd had 9 knee ops Shocked
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
It's very impressive to watch.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just watched the mens here http://www.eurovisionsports.tv/olympics/

Amazing stuff, the speed they go at is incredible, I'm getting better all the time at moguls and can do some tricks in the air but putting the two together, crazy!

Scarpa, It looks tough on the knees, definitely is on mine.

How come no Swiss or Austrians in the mens moguls, surely if they have such good skiers they'd have some good mogul skiers? I only recall one Austrian in the womens yesterday but loads of yanks and Canadians.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Oop just found this thread after posting similar in apres zone, sorry Embarassed
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Peter - did you ever take any lessons to do moguls?
I've never been very good at the man made moguls, which are much close together than the naturally formed ones found in a lot of places. With the natural ones, it's just a case of turning on the top of them most of the time but when close together...not even sure of the technique...
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
daehwons, Did you see that Shocked unbelievable Shocked

I was gonna see if I could improve on the bumps this year, dont think I'll bother though reckon I like my knees the way they are Laughing
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
youngeratheart wrote:
daehwons, Did you see that Shocked unbelievable Shocked

I was gonna see if I could improve on the bumps this year, dont think I'll bother though reckon I like my knees the way they are Laughing

fell asleep...... Sad

will have to watch it later today
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
GordonFreeman, I've had a few lessons alright, however since it all happens so fast on step icy mogul fields I think it needs to be instinctive, my problem was getting the up down motion with the side to side leg movement, this is becoming more natural for me. Still as my skis are relatively long (185cm) and not very stiff I avoid icy moguls, but slushy are no problem.

I notice most mogul skiers have Hart skis, I wonder why so few have the better known brands or why the better known brands don't have better mogul skis?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Peter Ross, Something interesting I noticed was that the Japanese girl who came in 4th had skis (Harts I think!) which came up to the top of her helmet if not a cm or two taller... which goes against everything I've ever heard about effective mogul skiing.

I think what they're doing is not so much turning and navigating as simply absorbing - or rather knee bending rather than truly absorbing and therefore reducing speed, because of course they're actually speeding up and are effectively in freefall.
snow report
Peter Ross wrote:
I notice most mogul skiers have Hart skis, I wonder why so few have the better known brands or why the better known brands don't have better mogul skis?

Hart are mostly seen in the US..... They are "known" in the US and they are a very good ski. More european known brands do have or have had a mogul specific ski but its such a small market and the pro's will either have a sponsor or use the best at the time.
snow report
OMG, just watching the Men's Final now. It is simply unreal. Shocked
snow report
Alexandra, skiing moguls, even fall line recreationally is a world apart from WC. So don't worry about your knees and get into them.
ski holidays
under a new name wrote:
Alexandra, skiing moguls, even fall line recreationally is a world apart from WC. So don't worry about your knees and get into them.

And lose my excuse? wink Watching this stuff makes me want to make a more serious effort to master rather than simply do.
snow conditions
Alexandra, Part of me want to have another serious attempt, normally I'm bold as brass, but part of me says leave it to the experts!

That guy who wiped out the marker board must really hurt, didn't show it though Shocked

The comentator mentioned that they use skinny skis like the old ones. maybe they are lighter? Anyone know?

Yawn went to bed at 3 am woke up and the skating was on!
ski holidays
lighter and flexible....
snow conditions
youngeratheart, some details/review about the Hart mogul skis being used here: http://www.epicski.com/forum/thread/67567/review-2009-hart-f17-mogul-ski
snow conditions
Astraeus wrote:
Devastated for Jen Heil

I'm not - she stole the gold in '06 from Kari Traa...
ski holidays
Sideshow_Bob, Thanks, bit like a foreign language, I think I got the gist of it.
snow report
In other news - this made me laugh about Dale Begg-Smith, the dirty spamlord millionaire (due his spyware business) and professional miserable git:

Quote:
The top entry on the discussion page of Begg-Smith’s Wikipedia entry asked: "Just curious, is there any way to say this guy is a total douchebag without violating Wikipedia NPOV rules? Like, a quote from his mom or something?".

Another writes: "Here is a list of factually appropriate words to use for Dale: turncoat, traitor, backstabber, double-crosser, defector, deserter, etc....."

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/sport/winter-olympics/sourpuss-beggsmith-cops-flak-over-silver-20100215-o1iv.html
ski holidays
fatbob, haha, what a picture... (also notice Bilodeau's hand round his ski's, he can almost get fingers all the way round, even on my 1990's ski's I cant get close to that)

on another note.... anyone who does spyware / malware is evil and should be punished accordingly.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy