Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What would you give up to carry on Skiing?

Poster: A snowHead
Alcohol?
Television?
A Kidney?
2 years of your life?
The ability to hear?
Half your income?
First dibs on your old lady?

How desperate are we?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Come on, how many snowHead 's would give up alcohol? A kidney perhaps, but alcohol is pushing it. Laughing
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The 6th option. Sometimes it feels like I already do.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
MagSeven, I hear you. Sad

Helen Beaumont, it would be tough Embarassed
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
stoatsbrother, I gave up the old man and moved to the mountains! Only wish I'd done it about 20 years earlier Toofy Grin

Best move I ever made, and lots of nice male totty around as well!

Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Samerberg Sue wrote:
stoatsbrother, I gave up the old man and moved to the mountains! Only wish I'd done it about 20 years earlier Toofy Grin

Best move I ever made, and lots of nice male totty around as well!

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I give up work most winters to make time to ski.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
stoatsbrother wrote:
Alcohol?
Television?
A Kidney?
2 years of your life?
The ability to hear?
Half your income?
First dibs on your old lady?

How desperate are we?

All of the above.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Good question. Most of the above I reckon. Maybe not the kidney though. I quite like having kidneys, although I suppose don't really need two.

I expect that at some point soon I'm going to have to choose between my job which I quite like and moving to the mountains (which I would probably like more).

Samerberg Sue, good choice, you are my idol
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Not strictly necessary ballet pumps, boots, mary janes, flip flops, strappy sandals, wedges etc! That should free up at least a quarter of my income Shocked (especially if the label says Kurt Geiger)
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
schneeflocke, those are all absolutely useless for skiing (boots excepted), why on earth would you need them?!?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
snowgirl123, I don't know - for the apres ski?

(and for the remaining 51 1/2 weeks of the year?)

Also flip flops might be handy if I ever make it even near the hotel swimming pool....
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
schneeflocke, hmm, still not convinced, I'd definitely give those up for skiing. But a good point nonetheless, should probably think more about my 49 other weeks of the year, that WOULD be the sensible thing to do...but those weeks just aren't a patch on the better 3 weeks of the year
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
snowgirl123, you have got it bad Toofy Grin

I think you probably could spare the kidney - but hanging onto all your liver might be a good idea wink
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
stoatsbrother, its all snowheads fault, I was almost just a fair weather skiier a matter of weeks ago. Don't seem to be able to find any kidney-ski holiday swap wesites online at the moment, surely there's demand for those...
ski holidays
I give up a lot of potential social life and no other form of holiday to be able to afford my annual ski holiday.

It feels like a worthwhile sacrifice to me.
ski holidays
I gave up settling down and having a family for skiing, climbing, shooting, motorbikes etc, etc Laughing

Never say never though rolling eyes
snow report
Scarpa, that"s not really sounding like a sacrifice to me.
ski holidays
stoatsbrother, Yes, but alcohol, hang on a minute just have to ask my mate Stella.

She says so I think that may be a step too far
snow report
I gave up solvency. Never mind, eh? rolling eyes
snow conditions
Not so much giving up, more what I am prepared to do (work more, sell everything I own, rob a granny Toofy Grin )
latest report
When we were debating buying our place in the Alps we had to choose between that and other kind of holidays. So one immediate thing we gave up was other holidays. In order to afford it - sustainably - we also had to produce some additional long term income, so we converted a room in our house into a studio flat and took in a lodger. So we also gave up having the house to ourselves (and as our present lodger is very quiet and goes to bed early as he gets up very early for work) also gave up being able to be noisy in our own house in late evenings and generally thinking of our home as ours to do what we like in - as we now have to consider someone else.

What else? Nothing very important. We have one rather tatty car, a fairly tatty house (though in a very nice location), an exceptionally tatty boat and a lot of tatty clothes. But we can spend four months every year in the mountains. snowHead

I wouldn't give up seeing the family, being able to spend enough time with grandchildren (the eldest of whom are fortunately just becoming old enough to learn to ski), having enough money to be able to drop everything and dash home if any of them need us. There are some things more important than winter in the mountains but holidays on crowded beaches, smart cars, smart clothes and new kitchens aren't any of them.

If it was a straight choice I would give up alcohol, rather than skiing, without a second's hesitation. Fortunately, it isn't. wink
snow conditions
It's cost me a good chunk of a house deposit this year.

I reckon I'd go without booze, but it would have to be in return for free skiing, not just to be allowed to.

And at some stage we have to decide whether we keep on going away on holiday 4 times a year or get the house sorted and have kids. That could be a long and tough decision. I like being rich, and kids doesn't help with that Smile Plus they are rather high maintenance for the first few years.
latest report
Monium, go for the kids. Then ski with them. I've derived so much pleasure from that! snowHead
snow conditions
Lucylou, Me too, few extra highlights n haircuts at home.

But gave up ready made cigarettes last year, saved loads. Dont even like them any more. Crying or Very sad No more will power to quit though.
latest report
Lucylou wrote:
Not so much giving up, more what I am prepared to do (work more, sell everything I own, rob a granny Toofy Grin )

Couldn't agree more.....it's all about choices snowHead
ski holidays
Quote:

go for the kids. Then ski with them. I've derived so much pleasure from that!

I agree, but don't bother with "getting the house sorted". Just get it warm and comfortable. Once you embark on new kitchens etc you'll not be able to afford to go skiing. wink
latest report
We gave up kids for our lifestyle and have no regrets at all. We can go out when we want, go on holiday when we want and we have two good incomes with only ourselves to clothe and feed.

We are hoping to buy in the Alps later this year but won't be able to give up work yet so will have our weeks and get some rental income if there's any going.

There are enough kids coming into the world for us to be selfish and opt out.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I could definitely give up booze, but wouldn't save much that way as I don't drink much anyway, no more than once or twice per month.

Definitely television (sorry jules!), I don't really watch much and I only watch rubbish, lol!

I think I'm quite fond of my kidneys though, and my hearing, my life and half my income. No holiday is worth all those things.

I can't say I gave up kids, settling down and all that stuff, it was never an opportunity that presented itself. But I daresay I have more disposable income as a result.
latest report
How much would you save by giving up TV ?

News and Match of the Day are not that much of a draw now. News is on the internet and live matchs on Iraqgoals.com.
ski holidays
Latchico, £12 per month license fee and the teensy bit of leccy it uses. Not much of a saving really. Might buy a few dinners on the mountain.
snow report
just remembered last year gave up having my nails done too. Sad booked 3 lessons with that saving. Toofy Grin
snow conditions
queen bodecia wrote:
I could definitely give up booze, but wouldn't save much that way as I don't drink much anyway, no more than once or twice per month.

Until you get to Austria and see some crazy people dancing on tables with mugs Smile
snow report
I would give up summer hols but the rest of the family would kill me.
ski holidays
I suppose I could give up my season ticket at Bramall Lane.
latest report
youngeratheart wrote:
...But gave up ready made cigarettes last year, saved loads. Dont even like them any more. Crying or Very sad No more will power to quit though.

use Champix tablets, magic, I gave up using them at a very difficult time in my life,
it's the chocolates, cakes and snowHead s that I cannot give up Sad
snow report
Snowdrop, Where do you get them? I'd never give up chocolates either
snow report
youngeratheart, I got them from a drop in clinic for stopping smoking, You might need to do a few week session , once a week meeting, your GP should know where the local meetings are,
the meds are free of charge, Champix was originally developed for depression so it made me really happy Laughing Laughing
I could have kissed people in the street when I was on it Embarassed
but it is SO GOOD to walk into the supermarket, walk past the kiosk and think "yes ! I am free !!!" Little Angel
snow conditions
Snowdrop, Oh I was hoping it might be a natural remedy. I'd get hooked on Champix instead probably. I am on that merry go round at the moment. Know I should quit, but dont want to. Part of me is a rebel and wont quit just cos everyone else wants me to. Toofy Grin Thanks for your kind words
snow conditions
youngeratheart wrote:
Snowdrop, Oh I was hoping it might be a natural remedy. I'd get hooked on Champix instead probably. I am on that merry go round at the moment. Know I should quit, but don't want to. Part of me is a rebel and wont quit just cos everyone else wants me to. Toofy Grin Thanks for your kind words

the same here, a rebel, Embarassed rolling eyes
i stopped few years ago using patches , started smoking again for a totally stupid reason and the second time i just could not stop, neither did I want to,
it was on and off every 3 days till I got allergic to patches Crying or Very sad
you will not get hooked on Champix, worth trying, it really is a liberating experience, Toofy Grin
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy