Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Vancouver Insider - reporting direct

Poster: A snowHead
snowHeads is proud to boast our very own Vancouver Insider who will be reporting live and direct throughout these Winter Games. Selected for his top notch media connections, his convivial nature and a certain uncanny knack of finding himself drinking beer with athletes, we think there's no-one better qualified to be our undercover man at the Olympics. Who knows, he may even find Bode Miller semi-concious in a bar the night before a big race: and if he does, U can be sure, he'll help him up with one hand while he posts the story direct via SMS with the other Toofy Grin

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 19-02-10 20:07; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
admin, is there a prize for guessing who he is?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It's the Inghams rep in Whistler NehNeh
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Whitegold wrote:
It's the Inghams rep in Whistler NehNeh

and before anyone asks ....... It's not Ernst Goldfish
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Shame they don't actually seem to be posting anything!!! Mad
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
ski-finder, quite. If he's sponsored, he's presumably being paid. Puzzled
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hurtle, seems very unlike snowHead to give such blatant promotion in return for so little... Puzzled
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Very odd.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
perhaps he/she has stumbled on a free bar and hasn't "come out" yet...........
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
ski-finder wrote:
Shame they don't actually seem to be posting anything!!! Mad

Seconded Puzzled
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I think him and Bode are still in the GLC.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Helen Beaumont wrote:
I think him and Bode are still in the GLC.

Ah, so it is Goldsmith wink Laughing
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
maybe drowned in the snow melt!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Still AWOL?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Laptop and phone stolen - normal service will be resumed asap
snow conditions
admin, Sad .
ski holidays

OK OK now talking of the doghouse....................

IN the moths prior to teh 21st Winter Olympiad, the key question regarding Alpine Canada's performance at the home games was.... 'how many medals?

Until we got here it was a given that the host nation could field medal winning athletes in almost every event, now that we're almost half way through, and they've faced the test against time on their own home mountain, neither men's nor women's teams have performed to expectations.

So, right now, the short answer to the question is, zero.

Their snowboard and freestyle teams have saved face for now but as we move away from the favoured events of Downhill, Super G and, after Sunday, the men's Super Combined., Alpine Canada have drawn a blank............ Their chances of a skiing gold are diminishing by the day

Now the big question being touted around the Olympic villages is: Whose head will roll, and when?

Max Gartner surely will feel his coat's on a shakey peg. as Alpine chief overall responsibility for programme success or failure lies with him, therefore it's fair to assume that he is first in the firng line..

What're the implications for current sponsors and future commitments to funding? Many, like Presidents Choice, came on board in the last 12 - 24 months when entusiasim and the economic profile were high. Now the mega corps who glady ante'd up must surely be viewing Alpine Canada's failure to deliver as a reason to fold and cut their losses.

Meanwhile, spare a thought fro the humble WhistlerHound....
snow report
Vancouver Insider, what did you do to give that poor dog such a long face? Evil or Very Mad
latest report
Nothing Honest!!

Maybe he'll cheer up today although I doubt it. All the Canucks are heads down but I guess Mike Janyk has a chance.... although he was 4.5 secs out on Clarey in yesterdays short training run.

Great conditions on the track for the men's SC, shouldn't break up as badly as in the Super G....
latest report
jcjc, are you VI by any chance?
snow conditions
My first ever post! Wohoo!!
So what's going on with the bobsleigh? So many crashes - is it the riders or the track?
ski holidays
Re the bob yesterday, I reckon it's the track myself but will have a word with some of the experts later on when I go over there.... I've seen more crashes in the last 48 hours than in the last 5 years. Scary but at least those guys have some protection from the sled itself,,,, wouldn't be my choice of adrenaline shot though!
ski holidays
FIXER, well welcome to snowHeads. Hope you stick around to post many more snowHead
ski holidays
And,,,,, continuiing the canine theme
snow report
Wolf? on the womens course!
snow conditions
What a r!!!!! Bode gets a Gold Medal!!! Courtesy of a navigation error by Svindal. The big Nowegian succumbed to a very difficult set of gates on teh final pitch...... Bronze to Ivica and Zurbriggen gets a Bronze.
snow report
Good effort by Ed Drake there as well..... hopefully a funding securing result... Top 30 must count for something..?
latest report
Vancouver Insider, Tough ur laptop and phone stolen. not cool. hope u were backed up. Svindal was v unlucky on a really tough gate. Glad bode got his gold though. where will you be watching the SuperSunday main event USA vs Canada hockey? Dusty's or GLC or where. Whistler must be buzzing really wanted to be out there Crying or Very sad
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hey Xandeajma - just watched the first period in the Longhorn - great game so far and even better atmosphere. You SHOULD be here!!
latest report
Tricky choice now...... stay and watch the hockey or go get ready for the Salomon party the theme of which being, err..... body painting and other skin art! Very Wintersports.....
snow report
Vancouver Insider, ah the longhorn much more fun! Must have been absolutely packed out. Great game shame canucks loast but the yanks seemed to want it more. Can't imagine the front of Canadian press tomorrow.
Get ur body paint on and i hope we get some pics of the lovely ladies and men u met along ur way
ski holidays
Doubt heads will roll in Alpine Canada. Canadians simply don't have the someone must pay and heads will roll mentality of the Brits.

Do you know how long PC sponsored for? I thought it was only pre games? Galen is a good man (I have a secret crush, well not so secret...........) and will do the right thing...........

I think they lost all their main chances along with John Kucera's injury, or that's my impression of the media since December. Manny then stepped up to the challenge but it was always an outside chance and he did under perform.

A lot of own the podium money dried up before the olympics in that loads of support staff (eg physcologists, nutritionists (surprising they need those with the fine food offered by Galen)! in lots of disciplines were given their reducdancy notices before the games. I think this was in part posturing and applying pressure back, but the truth is there has been no promise of maintaining own the podium funding levels after Vancouver.

I would say the main canadian disappointments have been in women's skelteton, figure skating and speed skating. More medals to come in skating probably.

Of course the only medal the Canadians really care about is the hockey gold, which it will looks like they will lose........................................after yesterday anyway.

PS its a coyote......................
ski holidays
Quick pic from last night, another bluebird day here.....
snow report
...........is that lad in the background wearing a beanie Shocked Shocked Shocked
snow conditions
wow that looks like some fun fun fun!
the ski boot of course............
Though did u catch the great fin sweeden game that was exciting though 3rd period i was a little alseep.

not too much going on today after ur super sunday shenanigans really, nursing a small hangover by any chance vi?
ski holidays
Nursing a small hangover most days if the truth be known....... Missed the hockey but am saving myself fo the next few days,,,,, might have some extra time tomorow since the laydeeees GS looks in jeapordy, very wet here and the forecast I heard about 20mins ago says freezing level will be only about 1200m..... about the same as the start gate for tomorrows race,,,,,, not good for Womens GS but probably great for pow higher up!
snow report
Alain Baxter in the house.... was speaking to him earlier and he's v chilled and doing some work for the Beeb. Maybe a new commentating career beckons?
snow conditions
FIXER wrote:
My first ever post! Wohoo!!
So what's going on with the bobsleigh? So many crashes - is it the riders or the track?

I posed the question to an ex bob Olympian and pal; 'so, is it the sliders or did the track architect get it wrong?'. The ex Olympian's response; 'it's just a fkn hardman's sport, the only reason the crashes are being highlighted is because of the death early on in competition. The crash volume in this games is pretty normal'.

Interesting...
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy