Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Nodar Kumaritashvili 1988 - 2010

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Very tough start to the Vancouver games with the Georgian luge rider killed in a brutal crash earlier today. Not surprisingly there's a sombre mood around Whistler but the general feeling amongst people and the athletes is that the show will go on.... A very stark reminder of how vulnerable the adrenaline sport athletes really are. Even when standing on the side of the race hill or bob track it's easy to be a little remote from the degree of danger that every athlete travelling at these speeds is exposed to a horrific accident like this brings it all into very sharp focus. People DO get killed in pursuit of the extreme dream.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Vancouver Insider, a very sad start to the games. Our thoughts are with his family & the Georgian team.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Interesting comments made on Radio 4 news this morning. These runs should be designed so it is impossible to come out of the run. This unfortunate guy came off at the end of his last training run, and hit a pole (telegraph? light?). It seems there was no barrier around the run on this section, and no padding on the pole. The quote from the Canadians seemed to blame the Georgian. There were also comments that non-Canadian runners were not allowed to access the course adequately beforehand. Not a good start.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Canada has very strictly allowed only its own athletes to train on the ice run. They have had over 10 times the practise than any other team.
i think this was probably a contributing factor as the foreign athletes have not had time to learn the track (the fastest and steepest in the world apparently) and have had to go-for-it right from the get-go.

Shame on you Canada for being so unsporting (and that is the best I can say).

ANYONE but Canada is my cry in the ice sliding events now.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I have to say I'm pretty shocked at the continued airing of the crash - was just watching France 2 's olympic coverage while eating my dinner and they showed it with very little warning. Pretty damn disrespectful if you ask me, and must be incredibly hard for his family & close friends etc, at such a hard time, knowing the images are still being shown..
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Jonpim, please let's not go down that H&S route as the inevitablke destination is another death - that of the sport itself.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I hope you guys won't understand this bad way, since it's not meant to be. To be honest, that's what I have been waiting for years, even though I was always hoping it will never happen. Olympics are top sport even on World, but that doesn't mean everyone should be allowed to race. To make things fair, they make tracks demanding (no matter if it's DH race or luge race), so best one wins, and athletes one step bellow top class are automatically out of contest for medals. But on the other side this means, people who have problems competing on easy tracks (I admit I have no idea about luge, but I do know a thing or two about skiing, and obviously things are same), will be in life danger on more demanding tracks. So organizers should consider this. They can make tracks easy and safe for everyone, and medals won't be distributed fair way, and best ones might not get them, or they can make it fair, but they should limit participations.
So even if some people think everyone should be allowed to start on Olympics, I still think there should be some limits. And not limits like they are now. I just read yesterday, that for xc skiing limit is 300 fis points. Yes 300 fis points! I have been in racing skiing for long enough, that I know how much 300 points mean, and what kinda skier you have to be, to get to 300 points (I was never anything good, but was still around 30 in best years). So with rules like this, and with mentality, that anyone who applies can race, we can unfortunately expect similar tragedies in future too.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Not sure padding on the poles would have helped - 90mph?!?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Jonpim, The pole was a girder holding up the room of the finish line zone.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy