Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Boot fitter recommendation

Poster: A snowHead
Hi

I hope someone can help. I bought some Rossi Electra boots from S&R in Chertsey in 2005, which were then re-fitted for me by Jeff Bergeron of BootFixation in Breck in 2008. I need to get some new boots, but am reluctant to go back to S&R. Any recommendations?

Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
dithena wrote:
Hi

Any recommendations?

Where is your next trip to? Toofy Grin
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
dithena, where do you live? There is a well-trodden snowHeads pilgrims' way to Bicester - http://www.solutions4feet.co.uk/index.php
Colin Martin is the much-respected snowHead CEM. It is alleged that he is a purveyor of fine pies as well as being a top bootfitter.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Comprex - Unfortunately, I'm all out of skiing this season, as I've just come back from St Anton and done 30 days, so next trip won't be for a while. Might make sense to wait for a bit and get them before the start of next season, but while I'm thinking about it... Very Happy

Hurtle - I live in Egham, so Bicester would be fine.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
dithena, in that case your boot problems are solved! Very Happy
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Sometimes you can get some stuff in the sales, which will make it a bit cheaper albeit you might have reduced choice.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
GordonFreeman wrote:
Sometimes you can get some stuff in the sales, which will make it a bit cheaper albeit you might have reduced choice.

Seriously? Have you learnt nothing? In the other thread you just said that you have "made the same mistake twice" by buying in SnR & EB. Dude, I think you should have a very long hard chat with yourself and stop giving out advice to people that you have already worked out DOESN'T work for YOURSELF.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
parlor wrote:
GordonFreeman wrote:

Seriously? Have you learnt nothing? In the other thread you just said that you have "made the same mistake twice" by buying in SnR & EB. Dude, I think you should have a very long hard chat with yourself and stop giving out advice to people that you have already worked out DOESN'T work for YOURSELF.

Sales are not limited to big chains my friend - OP referred to whether to wait or look now.
Why not please just politely make your opinion, what's with all the flaming today?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
dithena, if you are happy to get yourself to Bicester then CEM will certainly do his utmost to help you. You do need to think about it very early on though as it seems that stocks run low pretty quickly - manufacturers are just not producing huge volume - best thing would be to drop CEM a message, tell him your approximate boot size and he can advise when he will be having boots in for next season and you can make an appointment - this is absolutely essential as you can't just drop by.

I finally parted with huge amount of money for the boots, zipfits and footbeds but they have been excellent so far this year.

I had to go there twice as the first time round he had not believed my feet are as small as they are - not a huge problem for me, even though about 100 miles each way, as the first time OH took his and had new foot beds made for them.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
parlor, Incredible!!!!! Shocked
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Pamski wrote:
dithena, if you are happy to get yourself to Bicester then CEM will certainly do his utmost to help you. You do need to think about it very early on though as it seems that stocks run low pretty quickly - manufacturers are just not producing huge volume - best thing would be to drop CEM a message, tell him your approximate boot size and he can advise when he will be having boots in for next season and you can make an appointment - this is absolutely essential as you can't just drop by.

I finally parted with huge amount of money for the boots, zipfits and footbeds but they have been excellent so far this year.

I had to go there twice as the first time round he had not believed my feet are as small as they are - not a huge problem for me, even though about 100 miles each way, as the first time OH took his and had new foot beds made for them.

Is there any reason for that BTW? Is there reduced demand this season due to the recession or other factors?
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
GordonFreeman, - that is what I have heard, that they were producing less due to the recession - but who knows.

You seem to have received a lot of advice now so hopefully you will get some very comfortable boots sorted out.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
GordonFreeman, you still don't seem to get it, do you? I wasn't flaming you until you start giving people the advise that you've followed yourself - UNSUCCESSFULLY - so WHY would you then give that advise to someone else? If one can find something in the sale that FITS your foot, superb! But the bottom line is you won't KNOW if it fits until you speak to a skilled individual. Understand this: I know you have brought at least TWO pairs of boots from inexperienced boot fitters and you STILL haven't found any that fit you properly. At some point the penny will drop...
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
parlor, don't know about CEM, but ProFeet - who have been recommended by numerous people on here - sometimes have boots at reduced prices and I'd be surprised if places like Lockwoods and Bartletts, also coming highly recommended, didn't as well. In other words, as GordonFreeman said
Quote:

Sales are not limited to big chains
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
CEM has been reconmended so much i have taken the day off work to day to go visit him and get my boots altered. hopefully i will finally be able to ski pain free again
ski holidays
parlor wrote:
GordonFreeman, you still don't seem to get it, do you? I wasn't flaming you until you start giving people the advise that you've followed yourself - UNSUCCESSFULLY - so WHY would you then give that advise to someone else? If one can find something in the sale that FITS your foot, superb! But the bottom line is you won't KNOW if it fits until you speak to a skilled individual. Understand this: I know you have brought at least TWO pairs of boots from inexperienced boot fitters and you STILL haven't found any that fit you properly. At some point the penny will drop...

parlor, you will note the advice I also gave on another thread around about the same time to avoid SR EB, etc.
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=61582&highlight=
latest report
Hi, does anyone know of any good boot fitters in Devon/Cornwall. We live miles from anywhere in Bude in North Cornwall. I have seen the likes of CEM and Lockwoods recommended on here, but they are a long way away. Have also seen the Devon Ski Centre in Newton Abbot after a Google search. Would be grateful for any hands (feet?) on experience and reports available. Thanks
snow conditions
I have used Devn Ski Centre in Newton Abbott for my wife and I on a number of occasions and always found them to be excellent. Go during the week so its not as busy. They take time and effort to sell you the right boot for you and not just the most expnsive!! they also have fab after care and are happy to adjust boots accordingly. would definately give them a try Very Happy
snow report
Thanks very much for that Tootie. We'll probably try them on a Wednesday some day soon. Not sure if will be able to use them this season though, cos been twice already and would need an easter bargain! Didn't start skiing until last year and loving it!
Cheers
snow report
I went to see CEM last week. Within 10 minutes he had deduced that I needed a particular type of boot - one which he didnt have in stock.

He said I was better off coming back in September when stocks were better. Gave me some advice on hiring boots - gave me my EXACT size and even chucked in some heel raisers as he said I had very little flex in my ankle.

15 minutes and even though it was a 90 minute round trip, I was absolutely stoked with the advice... I can thoroughly recommend. IN fact, I will probably end up getting new trainers when I visit in September as well!
snow report
I went up a few weeks ago, and last week in Tignes they were excellent. Thanks Colin!
ski holidays
Agreed with the thread, had numerous boots over the years and went to to CEM. Had a week in Flaine with empty lifts and plenty of powder off piste with my new boots, also I had to buy a new pair of Mantra's too! Couldn't recommend him highly enough.
snow report
Thanks everyone. Took a visit to CEM and he did a great job modifying my other half's boots. Unfortunately, they don't have boots in my size in stock at the moment, so I'm going to go back in September and get some new ones fitted properly. Thanks very much for the suggestions. D
ski holidays
Frankly I'm a bit dissapointed.

I too visited CEM in the summer and came away with new boots. I've skiied on them for sixteen days now and whilst they they are a great fit, I'm still a crap skier.

Should I claim?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy