Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Warm places to eat packed lunch in 3V

Poster: A snowHead
Help! I see we are in for a really cold week -6, feeling like -11. No chance of eating our sarnies in the sun then. Any suggestions for places we can eat our chalet-prepared baguettes, without having to go back to the Chalet (La Tania)?

I was regretting being a cheapskate, but then I realise all those terrace-gourmets are going to be fighting for too few seats indoors at lunchtime on the busiest week of the year! Laughing At least we can munch in a bubble . . . . . .
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
SuburbanSkier, There is a very large picnic room with tables, chairs, toilets etc. at the top of the gondola that goes up from 1850.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
SuburbanSkier, In the Saulire Cable Car wink

Seriously, at least some sunshine is forecast until Wednesday - stay in the sun Cool
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
-6, wimp wink

This was the warm day (non-functional link removed - see below) Toofy Grin
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
javascript:emoticon('anarchicsaltire,%20') Your link didn't work. It's the wind that does it. Look at http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/snow_forecast_7.asp?resortID=149 which doesn't show the wind-chill effect.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
SuburbanSkier, all the body heat in those nice long queues should keep you warm
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
SuburbanSkier, http://www.snowmediazone.com/the_zone/snowheads-personal-galleries/p19533-p1020014.html
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
SuburbanSkier, we partook of many an agreeable packed lunch in gondolas at Courchevel last year. To avoid suspicious looks from gondola-mates, we spread lunch out over a few journeys!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
That's not cold. I will be in Laax which is looking a little chilly although still not that bad and I think on some days Zermatt was colder at half term last year.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
anarchicsaltire, -23? Pah - we only managed -21 last week but there was strong wind as well. Just seen your photos - bit unfair to film mountaingoat when he's down. But well done for doing so! Toofy Grin But why are the two of you sat on the snow?? Confused

Colin B - now that does look a little bit nippy. And Laax is pretty exposed - have you been there before?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
cathy, We couldn't see the sign, or stop for long enough for the photo at -33 65kwind and 4/5 AVI and no vis Madeye-Smiley . That was one of the few times he was down, compared to my lots. The picture looks posed but that's how he ended up on the powdery/sugary stuff between pistes where he spends most of his time Toofy Grin . Sitting down for Lunch!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
cathy, No this is the first time. I suspect my daughter will have everything on again!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
The Flying Snowplough wrote:

To avoid suspicious looks from gondola-mates, we spread lunch out over a few journeys!

what is suspicious about eating lunch on a gondola?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Tis very cold at the moment...............would suggest hot choc breaks at non busy times to warm up and gondola lunches!!! Enjoy your holiday
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
You could always try the Salle Hors Sac (picnic room) in the building at the bottom of the Saulire cable car (top of verdons bubble side), but get there early as tables go quick!..
snow report
IIRC, there is a nice undercover picnic area with toilets etc at the bottom of Mount Vallon - called Plan de Mains (I think).
latest report
Quote:

what is suspicious about eating lunch on a gondola?

that's what I was wondering too!
latest report
Dunno about 'suspicious' but I do hate people eating smelly food on any kind of transport. But then I'm prone to motion sickness in any moving vehicle, including ski lifts. Picnickers be warned! Laughing
snow report
Hurtle, I hate it and I'm not prone to motion sickness.
ski holidays
Are there any areas in Val Thorens were you won't get shouted at for having a quick picnic stop?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy