Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

bruises on shins

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello,

I came back from the Birthday Bash on Saturday, seemingly without even any minor issues or injuries, but since then have developed very sore and bruised shins. They hurt a bit like shin splints, which i've had from running before. Had my boots fitted at ProFeet and they're fine all week so would have thougt it couldn't be the boots. Anyone else had this, and if so, any ideas what I can do to get rid of it? Just seems to be a bit late, bruises developed 3/4 days after the holiday?

Thanks

Snowgirl/Batman/Paddington
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
snowgirl123, Might be something to do with Bruise Wayne. wink Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
You're not Lindsay Vonn in disguise here are you?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
snowgirl123, normally shin bruising comes from either the boot or from stance, the skis you were using could potencially tip you too far forward so that you hang on the front of the boot or impacting the shin skiing bumps may be the cause, if you have a "sharp" shape to your shin then it is more common....alternatively alcohol induced crashing into a table on the last night party can be a factor wink

if it is coming from the boots/shin shape then epitact or ski angles work pretty well at reducing the pressure
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
CEM, thansk, something to look into for the next trip...and will also look into stopping the beer induced bruising as well!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy