Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ski boot question

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I bought a pair of Atomic Hawx 110 in November with custom liner-footbed etc in www.47degrees.com and love them.

2 questions.....
Is it good practice to take the liner out, I have skied them for 8 days, they never got wet on the inside. I was going to try to take the liner out when I got home but they seems quite tightly packed in and I did not want to be too rough yanking them out. They are stored inside my house.

In the plastic bag that came with them was the adjusting tool and 2 black plastic "cuffs" that it would seem to slide into the back of the boot to adjust the skiing position I am standing in. They are shaped in a way that one is for the left and one for the right boot (I cannot tell which is for which). What are these called ? Is it recommended that I try skiing with this fitted to see if I like them ?

Thanks Smile
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
saintstephen, Call the store where you got them???
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
saintstephen, its a good idea to take out the liners to make sure that there is no moisture, then I put mine back and leave the boots clipped up in summer storage. I have never found the back spoilers of much use, but I prefer a bit of ankle flex.

SMALLZOOKEEPER, if you were one of the seven dwarfs which one would you be? Laughing
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Junkie, extreme version of Dopey.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
SMALLZOOKEEPER.... Thanks for the reply.... Smile

jbob.....I will take the liners out, just to make sure there is no moisture trapped. Thanks
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
You can be fairly rough to get them out, you almost have to.
I usually take mine out and leave them above (BUT NOT DIRECTLY ON) the radiator to help dry them out.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy