Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Oakley Persimmon A Frames in the sun

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I brought a pair of the above and have already used them in snowy conditions in my backgarden in the UK. I was very impressed wiith how they seemed to amplify the light.

The question is will I suffer only by only having one pair of goggles, which are designed for flat light. I believe that they block out 100% of UV, but in sunny typical March conditions will I be squinting with Persimmon lenses?

Apologies if there have been many threads on this before.

Thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I switched from sunglasses to wearing mine in the sun the last week in Arabba after one of my contacts got blown out of my eye, and they were fine.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Christopher, I find my Persimmon a bit wanting in bright sun so have just bought a replacement Gold Iridium lense.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
OK on tree lined runs in low sun in December/january, but above the treeline in March you will imv need something darker.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Cheers for the replies. I have a pair of Ryder sunglasses, but don't really want to wear them with my helmet.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I was ok with Oakley persimmon last week in AdH - wall to wall sunshine Sun-Thu. Fri was not just flat light it was thick driving snow too and they weren't a lot of help in it - not sure anything would have been much use tbh. We certainly weren't the only ones to retreat to the chocolat chaud provider!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Christopher, I wore mine for 3 years which included very bright spring conditions. They do make you squint a bit but the UV protection is still there. never really bothered me as you soon get used to them.

This year I also bought another pair of A frames with darker lenses so I have now covered all bases.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Scarpa, I'm sure I'll get by with them and my eyes will adjust. I did consider buying a pair of Anon goggles with dark lenses as a second pair but didn't after having brought helmets, boots, googles and sunglasses already this season. I'm sure I will do in a future season when I can justify more spending on ski gear.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I usually switch to sunglasses when it's sunny, using goggles only in flat light. Wasthinking of a replacement lens for sunny days but I'm not sure how easy they are to replace/chop and change.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
halfhand, With A frames it's much easier to swap goggles.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Scarpa, suspected as much - need another pair then. rolling eyes
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Just wear some sunglasses under the goggles. A's, O's and splice all fit over my glasses fine
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Christopher, I find Persimmon lenses too bright in sunshine.

However, some people wear them and seem fine with them.

If you was using 2 goggles to cover sunshine and flatlight, I'd get:

Iridium (various) for sunshine
Persimmon for flatlight

or VR28 for sunshine - looks like a good all round lense.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I got persimmon for flat light and originally used another dark tint pair for sunny days but in the end I couldn't be bothered and now use the persimmon lenses for the whole season. They take enough glare away for comfort for me. While you are skiing you are not normally looking towards the sun anyway. It tends to be worse on the lifts.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy