Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snozone Braehead

Poster: A snowHead
What's everyone's thoughts on Snozone Braehead. I went a few weeks ago on a Saturday and was completely pi55ed off with the state of the slope and the fact that the whole slope was taken up with jumps that nobody was allowed to use. I complained to duty manager who offered me to use the slope for free next time round. Fast forward to yesterday and yet again the slope was taken up with jumps, the uplift slope completely bare, to offload ramp even worse (with wood and worn mat showing through), icy patches, granule and sticky snow in other places and even worse - what looked like parts of the refrigeration unit showing in places Shocked

I have seen the slope gradually get worse and worse over the 3 years it's been opened and sadly for now I will not return.

Am I dead unlucky or does it suck big time?

Interested to hear everyones elses views on Braehead but also the other fridges.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
THe upslope is terrible and bare quite a lot of the time. You can hear your scis getting scrubbed. I'd only use hire skis there now. Sad

Fri is the best day since the snow is "new". Considering they charge more on a saturday it is terrrible that the snow is on poor condition by then.

They allow too many people on it and it takes 10 seconds down but 5 mins in the queue for the lift sometimes. I had to continually complain that they should open two tows.

I ask all the time about the jumps. the ANS is... it is only for the club night on a friday. Then why not buldoze it on sat and build again on thurs.
The jumps make everyone go down the middle which becomes like ice (Good for me) but then boarders sit there leaving you to go round the slush at the side.

I only go now midweek when it si cheap or when my wife want to go.

Cheers
Bob
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
boabski, sounds like you'd be better off 'nipping' up to the real slopes Wink
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Meant to be taking my sisters husband on sunday as he's coming to france with us in a couple of weeks but he's not especially confident, is it likely it will cause him to lose confidence over gain?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It is ideal for a beginner. If you go on Sunday it is £21 for 1 hour or £31 for 2 hours. However, if you go after 7pm it is only £18 all evening. If you have a Costco card then they sell £50 of vouchers for £34 IE 2/3 the price.

Cheers
Bob
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I just find it fristrating that the jumps are there but you cant use them. And that you pay good money but the snow is not good. It is slower, however. So ideal for a beginner.

Alternatively, go to the real stuff.

cheers
bob
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I wouldn't waste your time. Glencoe is only an hour and a half away so if you can spare a whole day...
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Braehead is getting worse. I have been going there for a couple of years 2 to 3 times per month just to keep my legs going between ski trips up north and the Alps. The biggest complaint is the queues and the snow is often not good. I can accept if both Pomas are working and it is busy, there is a limit to the number of 20 second runs that can be done.

Last Monday it was a 7 minute turn around for a run and only 1 lift working. 20 second descent and 6 minutes 40 seconds in a queue and going up a very very slow lift with many stops. The arithmetic is simple, 7 minutes into 1 hour = up to 9 runs at 20 seconds per run= 2 minutes actual sking or put it another way, £5 per minute skiing when on special offer.

Complaints are met with a load of nonsense about servicing etc and yes, a free hour is offered. I would rather pay a couple of quid extra and have both lifts working. Quite a few of us have given up on Braehead including a large number in a local ski club.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
handyman, that sounds worse than Cairngorm at a weekend. Shocked

Actually, oldest boy loves nights for jumps and rails & stuff but for my one and only visit, 3 years ago in July after I bought some new skis and couldn't wait to babtise them, I found it sucked. I didn't really rescue someone from a tree well either because not only are there no rocks there but there are no trees either.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
boabski, Agree completely, it is absolutely awful, I have not been now for more than a year. I am genuinely surprised that it is still open and it is easy to see why they give so much priority to the sledging etc as that must be what is keeping it up financially.

It must be a classic example for a leisure management student on how to run something so badly Mad
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Go at 11am on a summer Tuesday and you won't have any problems with numbers Cool
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Yes summer is the time to go.

I'm off to Glencoe or Glenshee this weekend. Better on the real stuff.

Cheers
bob
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
'Glad' it's not just me that thinks it's a complete wasted opportunity
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Never been to Braehead but the Snozones generally seem to have a poor reputation for the very reasons you describe.

Frankly with the amount of snow on the Scottish mountains at the moment I can't quite get my head round why anyone would want to go to a fridge in preference to the real thing unless transport was a major issue!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
roga,
Quote:

Frankly with the amount of snow on the Scottish mountains at the moment I can't quite get my head round why anyone would want to go to a fridge in preference to the real thing unless transport was a major issue!

Time is probably moe of an issue.
You can take the kids to a fridge in an evening. Even living relatively close to the slopes it is a full day to go to them and thats when the weather is working.
snow conditions
^ yeah fair point and good to have both options I guess but you'll guess what my fave is Toofy Grin snowHead
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy