Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski and travel insurance for a 76 yr old dad

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I was going on a romantic trip to Zermatt with the wife in March but she carn't go now (her dog is unwell Sad )..... so i'm taking Dad instead. snowHead

That's also good of course but can anyone point me in the direction of suitable travel and ski insurance for him?

I know that the Austrian Alpine club have an unlimited age policy but does anyone know of a combined accident and travel policy that will cover a 76 yr old for a one week trip ?

Thanks for your quick thoughts.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
My Dad still goes 4 or 5 weeks per year and he's 74. He uses a company called 'insure and go' which he uses all year round and it covers him for skiing unlike many others. I think they insure up to 78. He pays a couple of hundred quid (but that's for 2 of them) which isn't cheap but he does claim a free ski pass Very Happy I know that he did a lot of research before hand as it was difficult to find.

http://www.insureandgo.com/?WT.srch=1&WT.mc_ev=click&WT.mc_id=ps-yahoo-4601
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
My mother (not a skier....) travelled into her early 80s. She had a travel policy through PPP (which had been provided through my dad's work) but although she only travelled a week or so a year (to our place in the Alps) she had to keep the (very expensive) annual policy going - if she'd let it lapse she wouldn't have been able to get it back. Age Concern and Saga are both worth a look for older people. Pre-existing medical conditions are likely to be a problem - and most people in their 70s will have something! Worth getting insurance with the ski pass.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy