Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Grindelwald Ski School

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We have just returned from Grindelwald and I feel I must post something about the Grindelwald Ski School.
We have used them 4 times before and always found them to be excellent, but this year they were a shambles.
We were is a group of 6 with 4 good intermediates and 2 ladies from Holland who snowploughed most of the time.
The problem was that the ski school had so few clients that they had to sombine all grades together.
It was the WORST ski school I have ever had and would not use them again.
I did some asking about and found that both the english ski school based at the intrersport shop by the station-I think its called altitude and the ski school at Kleine Scheidegg both come highly recommended, and also cost a lot less.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
dan2000, thank you for the mention Dan.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
LaserStock wrote:
dan2000, thank you for the mention Dan.
I realize your post is from last year, but I am new to snowheads. My family is headed to Grindelwald for the third time, so clearly we love skiing there. Two years ago we used their ski school for our youngest child. She was 4 at the time. It was truly the worst ski school experience we have ever had. Our daughter was put in a beginner class that was too basic for her. She was bored out of her mind. No one would listen to our complaints. There didn't seem to be anyone in charge. The classes were too large and there were not enough instructors. Also, she was left in their hut unattended at lunch time (she fell asleep - jet lag - after lunch). When she woke up she went outside and found her class. We had paid for the week and they would not refund our fee. We could apply what we had spent toward other lessons, which we did. I am happy to see that there are alternatives to the Snowsports School - If I was looking for lessons, and ski school for kids in particular, I would call around to all the private schools and question them about ratios, class sizes, etc.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy