Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

A boarder tried to kill me.....kind of!!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Had a great time with a GPS on an arm strap in Serre Chevalier this year! Used it for the first time on day 4 coming back to the chalet to proudly say I had skied at 44 mph. Unfortunately one of the boarders in the chalet had been using one too and proudly proclaimed his top speed for the day of 54.2mph!! rolling eyes

Well I wasnt about to be beaten so spent the next two days periodically trying to beat it, getting up to 49mph (maybe not that fast to expert skiers but pretty scary for me!). Finally last day I decided to really go for it and went flying down a run hell for leather, fastest I have ever done for sure, triumphantly sure I had beaten him I glance at my arm......damn thing had turned itself off!!!!!! Crying or Very sad

So last night head back to the chalet and over dinner and a fair bit of wine I congratulate him on his victory. Strangely he looks sheepish and his fellow boarders start sniggering. Apparently after anouncing his incredible speed it had dawned on the lot of them that they had not finished boarding at our village that day....they had finished in the next one along.....and enjoyed a lovely speedy drive back to the chalet......and you have probably guessed it, the damn GPS was still on!

So there you have it, a boarder tried to kill me!! Evil or Very Mad

PS before anyone starts getting funny I only was having a go was one a pistes with noone else around where I could see all the way to the run off, so no danger to any other piste users!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
SkiG, ha ha - genius! good effort. I can never get as fast on skis as I can on a board
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
what kills you is taking your eyes of the piste to check the speed on your arm..
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
SkiG, nice one. You probably did beat the boarders. After all, my little girl clocked mid-50s mph last year, and she was only 15 at the time. Laughing Very unreliable these GPS thingies. wink
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
You can get some pretty good speeds if it 'loses' you briefly in the trees - I've had speeds of 30mph+ recorded on days when I have only walked, admittedly with a fairly old GPS, so I don't know if newer ones are better at that sort of thing.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy