Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

les arc 1950

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
hi were stopping in 1950 at the manoir sauvie just wandered has any body got any info onthe hotel;aprt also apres in 1950,2000 is it easy to travel between the 2 resorts thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Easy to get between the 2 resorts on the lift (Runs to around 11 each night). Sorry never used that hotel.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The Manoir Savoie is one of 7 blocks in the village, and is one of the newer ones. Although laid out like a hotel, with reception, lobby and facilities, you will be in a self-contained apartment. You may, depending on which price range you booked, have a log fire - if poss. gather your wood in Bourg before you got up, prices for logs in the village are steep.

The free wi-fi took a bit of a hit earlier this year, when they extended it to all rooms in the village without seemingly upgrading the landline down the valley, but is supposedly getting better - I look forward to any reports on the current speeds available.

Apres in 1950 usually start in Georges Wine Bar from 4:30pm and just outside your hotel, moves to the Belles Pintes or Luigis, ending up in O'Chaud where you can stay until about 2am. Depending on the crowd in the village your week, any or all may be empty and quiet, or packed and noisy. But you'll have fun either way.

If you want to go to/from 2000, the cabriolet lift operates uintil 11:30 each night - there is a 1/2 hour break in the middle of the evening which is well signed, but otherwise runs about every 7-10 mins.

There are plenty of eateries of varying styles - Eastern, Mexican, Savoyard, Italian, Creperie (best place for chocolate chaud, so the distaff side of the family tell me after extensive research), Tapas and a couple of non-specific French places too, all within a hundred yards or so of your apartment. Or cook for yourselves. East is good value at €25 for all-you-can-eat buffet ( 3 courses plus top ups!), Valentinos is the pizza place (does take-aways as well) but you will need to book early in the week if you want to get in on the last night - very popular.
Meli's snack bar serves fast food.

Ski in / out means what it says, the runs go through the car-free streets, and ski-school meeting is literally outside your front door.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions, but I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay.

EDIT Sad, but I just re-read that, doesn't sound as half as positive as I meant it should! It's a great place, and you'll love it.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Agreed .... it is the best place. We spent a week in Flaine 2 weeks ago (because of the British Schoolgirls Races). Good snow, good company but not Arc 1950 ! Roll on Easter.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If you are in Arc 1950, like Jim says, start in George's Wine Bar, there are quite a few people there most days. If any snowheads are coming to Les Arcs, come visit us at the bar most days for a drink and a chat. If you are up for some skiing or boarding, go to the Les Arcs thread in the snow reports section for loads of details about conditions and meeting up.

You can also visit my facebook page to see pics and other details.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/snowcrazy.chris
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy