Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Have you skied Nordpark Innsbruck

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

I have 1/2 day to spend in Innsbruck, and Nordpark above the city seems to be easy to get to for a afternoon skiing and boarding. Very Happy

Have you been there and, is it worth a visit Puzzled

From a not very good piste map on the tourist office website there seems to be some red runs and one black.

Thanks wink
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yep, spent quite a lot of time there this winter (my gf lives 10 metres away form the lift). It's kool. Limited pistes obviously (it's v small) although I have seen the bigget ever crash I've ever seen there, truly epic, downhill-esque there. It has some wicked offpiste. If there's fresh snow you're spoilt, otherwise you have some kool marked offpsite routes, two of them in very steep (70%+) narrow (sometimes 2.5/3 metres) couloirs. Beware they can get some impressive moguls though, which depending on your view can either be hell or great fun. There is a bit of a travers to get to them though, which can sometimes feel a little sketchy. There is a park, I don't know if it's good or not as that's not really my thing. Last time I was there you couldn't ski all the way to the bottom, so ahd to take the cablecar down. That may have changed in the last few weeks though, if it ahs, you can jib the mountian bike track obstacles on the way down.

You need to hire stuff in the city, as there is nothing up at Nordkette apart form one little schirmbar. Take the hungerburgbahn from the city centre up to the top, form there you're a few metres from the bottom of the Nordkette cablecar.

Defo a good way to spend a few hours if you're in Innsbruck.

I have a few pictures on my blog of the area if you're interested.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Tue 9-02-10 20:59; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Eh up!

Yeah its worth visiting...a new train link in town will take you up to the Hungerburg, and another gondola up to the "main" area. The main run down to the 2 seater is steep and short, 3 mins if youre going slow! The other track to the right isnt really anything to shout about and again comes out by the 2 seater.

However, if theres fresh powder and youre up for it, the 2nd gondola up to the Hafelekar will get you to a large and steep ski route which is great. Also, the long track back to Hungerburg is really nice and varied, nice tree lined sections and a few bits where you can whack out some fast turns...

However, on the way back from St. Anton it looked truly dismal so id definitely call the tourist office or if youre already in town ask the locals...

Personally id jump on the J bus out to Patscherkofel. Might take a bit longer to get there but much more choice of pistes of the long, fast carving turn type and prob better snow than Nordpark!

Hope that helps!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
There's some funky offpiste form that track you advised against though.

Personally I prefer Nordkette to Patscherkofel, which is always in the shade with hard snow. If you prefer pistes Patscherkofel will offer more variety though. Bit more of a faff to get to, but not that much or a chore. Stubaier glacier and Axamer Lizum are also possibilities, but Nordkette is teh easiest to get to in half a day.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi, Thanks for the onfo, clarky and shiva. We are in Innsbruck for a week, our flight gets in about 10 in the morning, and we did not want to leave it untill the next day to start skiing.
We have our own gear, so don`t have to spend time in the hire shop when we get there.

I assumed the ski buses just ran in the mornings and then did return trips in the late afternoon, but if there are buses running about midday to Axamar Lizum or Patscherkofel that will give us more options. Very Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Innsbruck ski bus schedule http://www3.innsbruck.info/winteraktiv/innsbruckskibus.pdf or else a taxi.

I did half a day at Mutters, which was a nice little area to get the cobbwebs out; it aslo had a great little mountain restaurant with views of the city
http://www.muttereralm.info/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=74&Itemid=400092

edit - actually there is a (free) bus going to Kuhtai from the main bus/railway station at 11.00 am (5.30 pm coming back) if you are quick; I was there on the weekend and it is a lovely little resort
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy