Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

SKI-TREK WEBSITE? HELP!

Poster: A snowHead
Hi people hoping this is the right place for this, and also that someone can help me!!

We are due to go to Austria to ski at the start of March. Over a week ago now, we ordered our ski outfits (we are first timers) from www.ski-trek.co.uk. They took our money immediately and we got an email confirmation. However we have had nothing delivered so far (the site says 5 working days max for delivery), when we call the number it just has an automated message telling us the opening hours (which is when we call!!) and all our emails have gone unanswered.

Looking at the website and stuff it all seems absolutely legitimate.

Has anyone had experience with this site before? I really hope we havent been scammed out of almost £150 as we go skiing in 3 weeks time and we literally used our last bit of money this month to order our ski outfits so we are really panicking. I'm hoping I'm just being paranoid but I thought I would come on here and ask if anyone has ever ordered from this site before.

Help!! Puzzled

Thanks

Lauren
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Oh please someone help me I'm getting very panicked here!! This is one of the first listings on google when you search for ski clothes so...surely....someone on here must have used the site before??!!!?!?!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Wed 10-02-10 0:14; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks very much Arv...I had already tried to go down this facebook route after i realised from google that they had a page. I messaged them but haven't had anything back. REALLY starting to panic that I will never see my £150 ever again...
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
unoriginal_uk, did you pay by credit card? If so you will be OK either way. I would message the 3 Johns too.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Have managed to work out through Twitter that 'Johnny Skitrek' is actually someone called Martin Rouse. Have bombarded him & his relatives (their website says it is a family business) with messages via facebook and Twitter asking what the F is going on.

Have also noticed lots of followers of their page on Twitter have tweeted about how awful the company is, and some also seem to be having problems trying to get hold of them. This is ridiculous! How can they run a business like this!!

Anyhow....if anyone else knows anything that could help please let me know as I am bordering on stalking them now which isn't good but they have taken my money!!

(Edit - just to be clear here I didn't actually make a threat here to ''stalk their family'' I said it must seem as though I am bordering on stalking simply due to the amount of emails I have had to send them attempting to get a response back.....just so everyone is clear? I shall explain why I have made this point in a reply I will type momentarily...)

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Tue 9-02-10 17:54; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Arv...no my boyfriend paid on his debit card unfortunately. I should have paid by Credit Card but the site looks really legit and stuff and so I just didnt think twice. Am really quite panicking now...especially since we go to Austria on the 27th feb and I will need to order ski stuff from somewhere else should this stupid site not get back to me. God knows what I will do if i continue to not be able to get hold of them. I will go to trading standards or else sue their back bottoms.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
unoriginal_uk, Sounds like you will need a plan B.
Have a read of this thread for some sound advice for beginners gear.
http://www.snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=516774

TKmax, Lidl and Aldi may help Very Happy

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Mon 8-02-10 20:08; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Wed 10-02-10 0:13; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thank you, I shall update it now. Apparently Primark have ski outfits so I shall have a look tomorrow. It's just a pain as I brought gloves, goggles, etc, all to match the outfit that I thought would be on the way! Now I shall look like some mismatched odd person....but alas at least I am getting a holiday!! So I shall try to look on the bright side and not let it get me down!!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Actually i've just realised I have no idea how to change the title of my topic....can anyone tell me how? thanks! sorry you can tell i'm new lol!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Just edit the post... click the wee scissors beside it. The title is the top box...
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
unoriginal_uk wrote:
Hi people hoping this is the right place for this, and also that someone can help me!!

We are due to go to Austria to ski at the start of March. Over a week ago now, we ordered our ski outfits (we are first timers) from www.ski-trek.co.uk. They took our money immediately and we got an email confirmation. However we have had nothing delivered so far (the site says 5 working days max for delivery), when we call the number it just has an automated message telling us the opening hours (which is when we call!!) and all our emails have gone unanswered.

Looking at the website and stuff it all seems absolutely legitimate.

Has anyone had experience with this site before? I really hope we havent been scammed out of almost £150 as we go skiing in 3 weeks time and we literally used our last bit of money this month to order our ski outfits so we are really panicking. I'm hoping I'm just being paranoid but I thought I would come on here and ask if anyone has ever ordered from this site before.

Help!! Puzzled

Thanks

Lauren

They have not sent my stuff either but are still trading on ebay
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
unoriginal_uk, cate, It might be worth a call to Trading Standards in the area where the shop is. They will let you know if the business is 'known' to them and if so what's the current status. Technically you are meant to contact 'your' local TS, but they will usually know nothing about another area!
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hopefully this will turn into one of those epic threads where the proprietor of Ski-Trek (Surely a Mr Kirk) will turn up and give the OP both barrels about being a whinging no-mark who didn't read the T&Cs Very Happy
snow report
Ok time for a deep breath..... I hope you'll allow a fellow skier to respond to the comments listed above. Before I do so though I do find it disturbing that somebody on this forum is prepared to threaten to stalk my family...

So firstly an apology, we have clearly let some of our customers down and I sincerely apologise for this. I started the skiwear part of this Business about 5 months as a frustrated buyer of skiwear myself with the intention of selling good value skiwear at the lowest prices in the UK (I have managed to do this). However over a space of 11 days in January I went from shipping 10 items a day to over 200 items a day(the UK weather might have had something to co with this). As the sole 'employee' at this time I was absolutely unprepared for this and struggled to answer the massive volume of emails and telephone calls. I did however ship over 3200 individual orders, although a handfull did arrive late... (that handful was still too many!).
During this time I have continued to trade on E-bay as a power seller and have managed to sell to over 300 customers and maintained a 100% feedback score (todays last feedback comment reads "Excellent item, good communication, serious, honest and recommendable seller!"). To the doubters above I can confirm that we are a reputable Limited company listed at Companies House as Face North Ski and Trek Limited.

To cope with the extra demand we have last week moved into new premises and are awaiting BT engineers to install our new Business lines. We are 'managing' our calls via a mobile phone which of course comes with it's own problems but I have employed 2 new full time staff to make sure that your feedback is responded to. I have this evening spoken to the original forum poster by telephone and have hopefully put her mind at rest.

I hope you'll appreciate that I haven't tried to quote T&Cs as the previous poster suggested I might, but have responded honestly with the sole intention of apologising to the customers that we have disappointed and in some small way setting the record straight. I guess only time will tell how badly this 'publicity' will affect us, but please be assured that I'll do every thing in my power to make sure we excel in the future.

Best wishes and happy skiing!
snow report
Ski and Trek, good effort, took out my posts. Hope everything is sorted out + good luck with the business.
latest report
Thanks arv, your response is gratefully recieved.... just didn't want to hide from the issues
Lynne
latest report
Ski and Trek, You've got a bit of making up to do but provided you are genuine and mean what you say, good luck with your venture.
ski holidays
Lynne or Ski & Trek.

Could someone please contact me regarding an order I placed on your website on the 2nd of Feb. I, like others have been totally unable to contact you. I am travelling shortly and need to know when/if the order will be dispatched. If it will not be dispatched in time, I require a full refund, as already you have fallen outside of your 5 working day delivery period.

I am fully aware of the problems involved with moving premises, as I run my own business. However, downtimes should have been pre-empted and your website should have been updated accordingly.

If I do not hear from you by end of play today I will be reporting this as theft to trading standards & your local authorities. It is not acceptable to hear nothing.

Please contact me on 07894118064.

Regards

Michael Cooper
latest report
YAY! Very Happy
ski holidays
What a strange email...... Mr Cooper you actually received your parcel from us the day before your forum post..... signed for by yourself on tracking reference BR268359401GB delivered by Ashford Royal Mail sorting office. It was dispatched by us on the 6th signed for by you on the 9th. Please log onto Royal Mail tracking and you'll see your signature for all to see!

...................another deep breath

Lynne
ski holidays
YAY???????????????????
snow report
OK Valid Point, I was not aware that this had been signed for by another inhabitant of my household. HOWEVER.....before you antagonise me.....I think the more pressing point is the fact that the only way I have been able to contact you is by GOOGLING "SKI TREK COMPLAINTS" and the posting on A SNOWHEADS FORUM!!! What happened to the good old fashioned method of RESPONDING to the COMPANY email address that you advertise on your website (which I sent several emails to)......or ANSWERING the TELEPHONE line that you advertise on your website???

I dont know about anyone else but that sounds fairly standard procedure for me!!!!

I have returned the goods, as they are unsuitable. Please refund under your standard returns policy.

Thankyou

Michael
snow report
40-30
snow report
red 27 wrote:
40-30

play must've been cancelled due to poor light!!! Very Happy
snow report
Hi Lynne,

I am having precisely the same problem as others.

You have taken the cash for an order I placed (order number 100006768) and haven't heard a thing since. You say that you'll deliver goods within 5 days of placing an order and that I will receive a confirmatory e-mail with a delivery tracking number. I haven't had any e-mail stating that the goods have been despatched nor have we received the clothing we ordered. We leave today for our trip and despite calling a number of times (your phone is always engaged or diverts to an ansaphone on which I have left more than five messages over the past three days) and numerous e-mails I haven't heard a thing. It is now too late to make use of the clothing we've ordered and I want an immediate refund plus communication from you or your company that it has been processed. Otherwise I will contact my bank to ask them to charge back the money from the acquiring bank you use to take payments.

I don't know what it takes to get a straightforward acknowledgement from your company - the customer service is non-existent and I would advise others to think carefully about ordering from your site. I would view this differently if you actually dealt with your customers in a fair and proactive way, but you don't.

Please get back to me immediately via this forum or call 07595 711692 to tell me that you have dealt with this complaint.

Penny Breedon
latest report
I have the same issue as the above people. "Your Order #100006620 (placed on 3 February 2012 15:15:33 GMT) " in an email was all the confirmation I got.

No delivery date (ordered to mainland Europe).

No tracking number.

No response to query emails.

Phone number doesn't work.

I would also advise others to think carefully about ordering from them. At least the line "as a frustrated buyer of skiwear myself" raised an ironic chuckle. 2 years on and the complaints are -exactly- the same. Perhaps posting here will get the response that emails and phone calls don't.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I Ordered a Columbia Jacket online late Sunday evening from Ski-trek and had an immediate email confirming the order.

I was a bit apprehensive after finding the above comments shortly after placing order.

I had a further email on Monday morning stating that the order had been shipped and on checking my online account stated that the order was complete.

On Wednesday I received my Jacket.

Excellent service and even better when 50% off the recommended price.

Cannot fault the service that I have received from Ski-Trek
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy