Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Drag lifts in La Rosiere

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I just read a report on La Rosiere and apparantly it is a bit top heavy on drag lifts and T bars. I am a boarder and find Drags such a pain, they take so long and you tend to get cramp in your foot.

has anybody been there who can confirm this rumour?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
mheadbee, if you want to link to La Thuile, there's a long drag across. I don't remember that many otherwise.

This pdf map will allow you to judge for yourself Smile
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
mheadbee, to be honest there are only two drag lifts that you need to worry about in La Ros. The first is the main link to La Thuile, it's long but not very steep and can be tortuously cold - if you fall off your in the middle of nowhere, but it's not a difficult drag. You can avoid the other linking drag by dropping down to San Bernardo (sp) chair, which in my view is a far more pleasant intro into La Thuile after one freezing drag. The other problematic drag is the one used to return from the Les Ecdeuts (sp) chair right at the bottom of the resort, this is a far more fearsome drag, steep and a kickers but not as long, but this can be avoided if your really want to by using a green path back into resort - now that would be a pain for a boarder - as a skier I avoid it because of the pole work involved.

All the other drags can be avoided by sensible use of the chairs - hope this helps Very Happy
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

The first is the main link to La Thuile, it's long but not very steep and can be tortuously cold - if you fall off your in the middle of nowhere, but it's not a difficult drag.

That's the one I remember. The mantra 'boarding is a sideways sport' was used by our snowboaring chums to ensure they were not offloaded on the Petit St Bernard snowHead Toofy Grin
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The drags to La THuile are horrendous and put me off going back to La Ros to be honest
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
As stevew, said the drag to LA Thuile is dead easy but fairly long and in 4 trips I have never taken the 2nd drag and always skied to the Fourclaz lift. Also one would only do this once a day. The Sevoliere drag back from the Ecudets area is a brute but you can jump of at the "DO NOT GET OFF HERE ".... but it is a shame to misss out on Ecudets and Fontaine Froid if they are open. Apart from that the other drags can always be avoided.

Never used a drag in La Thuile.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I was in La Ros for a week last year, my other half is a boarder and apart from the drag link to La Thuile there was no probs with drag lifts in La Ros, it was my partners 4th week on his board and he never once came off etc although he did say it was a pain in the !!!

there is no t-bars there, or none that we came across anyways,
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thank you, I feel better now.
I just got back from a week in Chatel and a great ski area is let down by far too old and rickety lift systems based on drags.

I do not have an issue with a few or the odd long one, but I read a snowboarders guide to the world and they made a point of it in La Ros. I remember going to courchevel 1650 about 5 years ago and it was drag lift city, i dont mind the odd one but it is the super long ones that do you in. You get over a brow of a hill and see you are only half way up and your leg starts to cramp up. You get off the lift and need a bloomin rest before you set off!

I will be taking off in any direction I can if I see a route to get off half way up.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
mheadbee, there are 39 lifts in the Espace San Bernardo; I cable car, 18 chairlifts, 17 drag lifts & 3 conveyors, no T-bars. The drag lifts to Italy are long but they're not steep and you do have the best views of Mont Blanc to enjoy. As FtS points out it's not difficult to plan your route so you don't have to use drags, apart from going to Italy and returning from Fontaine Frois
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
As stevew, said the drag to LA Thuile is dead easy but fairly long and in 4 trips I have never taken the 2nd drag and always skied to the Fourclaz lift.

Agree - never taken the 2nd drag.

We have always cut off down to the Piccolo San Bernardo Express - there are a couple of quick reds that lead down to this area. the best hot chocolate is to be found in the little rifugio/cafe just to the left as you ski down.

Next stop after that will be the Rascard of course, some hours later snowHead
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
CP wrote:
the best hot chocolate is to be found in the little rifugio/cafe just to the left as you ski down.

Yup -especially after the freezing drag! Just love the glass door to the loo though Very Happy
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
mheadbee, Went to La Ros last year, dont really remember any drags apart from the infamous long ones across to italy but you only need to take the first oneThe other one a short one that takes you to a lovely green run La Foret which had bumps and jumps through the trees, our kids idea of heaven, they spent almost all the holiday on that drag and run Very Happy
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I was disappointed with the hot chocolate at that san bernando area cafe and the price. Seem to remember hole in the ground loos on the Italian side too! We skied down the san bernando area in heavy snow and there was an eerie buzzing noise coming from the electric pylons which unerved me slightly. After that we took the second drag to La Thuile instead.

Nevertheless we really enjoyed skiing the rest of la rosiere and la thuile and would highly recommend the resort. Best cafe we found was at the bottom of a red run called fontaine froid (I think) in La Rosiere - it was a log cabin type with lovely smell of woodsmoke from the woodburner. Nice hot chocolates and waffles and hardly anyone there!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy