Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Do we get the East Coast USA weather 10 days later...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Seen and heard various mentions of this, just wondered what any resident snowhead weather expertss thought.....

interested as they have just been dumped on!

pics from http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/8502700.stm

snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
i think i asked this question on here in the weather outlook thread a couple of years ago...

have learned a great deal since then, but stand to be corrected. The systems from the east coast of america can take all sorts of times to get here, sometimes a couple of days, sometimes a little longer. It'd have to be a pretty slow moving system to take 10 days to get here though, as they're mostly hurried along by the jet stream in this general direction (ie. anywhere between greenland/iceland and the iberian peninsula).

Wether if falls as snow or not also depends on more local conditions at the time (ie. if there's a stalled cold weather system sitting over the UK or if the westerlies aren't so warm and moist that they just blow everything out of the way. At this time of year, you'll more than likely get at least some hill snow when those systems hit land though.

And, this is all entirely different to the weather that we had a month ago, as that all came in from the north and east on a high pressure that rotates clockwise dragging the cold temps in from the east.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
kitenski, I am definitely not a weather expert, not an expert on very much at all in fact - but we do keep an eye on the east coast weather in the States as our son and family live in Connecticut - and I agree with you that a touch of the same weather, snow, wind or whatever often seem to come our way a few days later.

They certainly have not had the heavy snow just recently but often do and then the city really snarls up.
ski holidays
 brian
brian
In as much as weather tends to travel W->E around the globe (cos that's the way it spins) and the default position of the atlantic jet stream runs more or less Newfoundland to here, sort of. However, the weather is rarely simple. The current prognosis is that high pressure to our NW will force anything coming across the atlantic on a much more southerly track and that we might even get a low heading our way from the arctic.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy