Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Elan Waveflex Speedwave Fourteen White Fusion

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just back from a trip to Tignes, yesterday on the last day I decided to test a different ski, went into Sport 2000 told them what I wanted and they suggested I try the Elan Waveflex Speedwave Fourteen White Fusion. I took a brand new pair out and all I can say is these are the most fantastic skis I have ever tried and I knew before I reached the first piste marker I MUST have a pair, Sport 2000 wanted €619 (-30 for the test ) which I thought was a bit steep.

Now wishing I had bought them as I cannot find them anywhere over here. Help where can I get some from.

http://www.elanskis.com/pcc.asp#xpath=/products/product#xpathid=Speedwave14#lang=eng
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Bump

After spending the last hour an a half trawling, I have come to the conclusion that there are no Elan stockist's (or at least current range) in the UK, skiwear4less seems the only place but none of these.

Someone help, where can I get some.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Kel, you could maybe order them online from one of the European stockists listed on the Elan website. I guess carriage might be pricey, but you wouldn't have to pay customs duty or import VAT if bought from an EU country.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Elan used to be distributed by GBR sports but their website seems out of date so maybe gone bust. Wouldnt be surprised as I have tried to order stuff from them in the past but they never managed to get the stuff I wanted in stock.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
snowrider, and Kel, I would strongly suggest you contact Gavin at GBR Spots (Google is your friend).
He has been verry good to me when we have wanted to get specific Elan skis in the past.
He may not have them in the country, and given how late it is in the ordering cycle Elan may not have any left at their end, but he will try his best for you if you ask nicely!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
rungsp,

Thank You very much I will give that a try
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Just got a pair of Speedwave 11s from ebay, seems it is a variant made for Intersport. Looking at my skis and this review http://www.ski-mag.com/en/ski/clanak.php?id=19437 looks like they are a last years model Speedwave 12 with a different number as mine are identical to the pics there.

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Wed 7-04-10 23:42; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Kel, if you have trouble getting in contact with him, feel free to PM me
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
rungsp, Kel, Another vote for Gavin at GBR sports a fairly good chap if you can get hold of him. You might have to wait for him, but in the finish he generally get you stuff. The contact details on the GBR website still match those I last contacted him on. Skee-Tex in Battlesbridge are still looking to be Elan dealers so might be able to help you get in touch with the skis you need via Gavin.

If not why not try contacting Elan direct via their website? I've asked them questions in the past and they have corresponded with me by email - they might be able to put you in contact with a dealer that can help.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Why not buy them (online) from the shop you tested them at, or another Euro shop? Guess it could be a bit pricey though.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Sh*t 619 eweys is a lot of money for a ski!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I ski this year's version of the Speedwave 12 and love them to death. Very fast and stable yet also very forgiving for the lesser gods among us. Smile

I really hope that you are able to track down a pair of speedwave 14s. I'm certain you will enjoy every second on them. I do believe that € 619 is about the going rate for a pair.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy