Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Advice on Sestriere/Pragelato Milky Way

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

Recently back from Tignes, and the missus is hooked. So trying to find the next great deal.....for the week starting 20th Feb if any one has some ideas.

Anyway, i think i may hve found something, but i know nothing about the area at all. Sestriere/Pragelato.

I'm happy on reds, but the other half is just progressing out of snow ploughs but needs more confidence. Can anyone offer any advice as the map looks a little daunting for her, because in Tignes red were too advanced, she was happy on the greens and easy blues. As there are no greens on the map, and they vary in 'real' difficulty place to place i'm hoping for some enlightenment on the actual difficulty and standards needed to have a good holiday there.

Many thanks

Matt
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Welcome mattyg
There are quite a few short 'green runs' in Sestriere and a couple in Pragelato, it's just that unlike the French system the Italian piste-grading system doesn't use green to illustrate the easiest pistes, only blue. If you look closely at the Via Lattea (Milky Way) piste map you'll see that Mongenevre on the French side does have green runs marked on it, but none of the linked Italian stations do.
Sestriere would suit you both, although your OH may indeed find much of the wider area away from the town a bit too daunting.
Pragelato hosted the cross-country & biathlon events at the Turin Winter Olympics, but also has a small Alpine ski area too; I haven't skied there myself so can't give any first-hand info on that. I have skied over to the upper terminal of the Pragelato-Sestriere cable car on the Sestriere side though: the lift links to a blue run which winds down to Borgata, where there are a couple of chairlifts linking to the main easy slopes next to Sestriere town itself; there's also a couple of nice rolling blue runs back down to Borgata, but all of the link-pistes back to the cable car for Pragelato are red or black. There is a ski-bus service between Pragelato & Sestriere which your OH could use to return to Pragelato - if that's where you're looking at. Otherwise, staying in Sestriere is probably the safest bet.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi all, we have found what sounds like a good deal to Pragelato but there is not too much information available that I can see. Can anyone update this and give us some advice on the resort. The accomodation, flights, etc are spot on just want some info on the links to main ski areas which appear to be at Sestriere.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Can I please just bring this back to the top to see if hopefully anyone has missed it.
Any info on Pregelato would be really good, particually on links to main ski areas.

Thanks Smile
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy