Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Courchevel on Saturday (12th March)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm off to 1850 on Saturday with my fiancee and the family in law (to be.)

This will be their first time in the 3V and my first trip there in over 8 years.

So, do the illustrious Snowheads have any great tips!?

The vast majority of our skiing will be on blues and all but the most challenging of reds. A couple of us may splinter off for a few afternoons to seek out some of the more extreme reds and blacks, and maybe a bit of the soft stuff too.

So, what would be the Snowheads 'Top 10' tips for making the most of a week in Courchevel 1850, whether it be the food, the drinks, and of course, the snow!

We're staying in the Hotel Les Grande Alpes.

Benjj
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Nice hotel!

If it's busy head across to 1650 which has lots of gentle piste skiing, and normally fewer skiers than the pistes directly around 1850. The same applies to the blue or the red run down to La Tania.

For a nice vin chaud at the end of the day's skiing we normally pop into the bar of the Hotel Courcheige. This is directly on the Belvedere piste just a few minutes ski above 1850. The bar has lovely big leather armchairs and a huge open fireplace, plus the prices are very reasonable for that type of bar in Courchevel.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
One of my faves is "Combe de Saulire" pick it early on a day when it has been bashed - the top is quite steep by red standards, but it is sooo wide that it is great practise for turning on steeper slopes.

After that follow Verdons down - verdons is one of the most underrated runs IMO as it has jumps, 'sand dunes' and bits of fresh snow at the edge to play with. You can get straight onto Verdons by simply skiing down past the Saulire lift from the top of Biolay chair....

Just got back from 18 days in the 3v today so full of the joys of snow.... and the sorrows of being back in the office.

Snow was superb, some of the off piste was the best I have ever played in - Lac de Lou was sensational, as was the off piste from the back of the top of Cretes Noir.....
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hey guys quick question. I have read somewhere that if you buy a 6 day 3V pass you also get one free
day at Les Arcs. Our issue is that we are going to Les Arcs first (March 14-19th) and then on to 3V's
(March 19-26). Can the 3V pass be purchased online? Do they need pictures etc? Just asking, thought
I could save some cash at Les Arcs.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
sawni, if you're getting a six day Les Arcs full domain pass (Paradiski) the same system works in reverse - one of those six days can be spent in the 3V, free. No pictures needed at Les Arcs.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks guys. Going to Les Arcs this weekend. Staying at 1950. Are there any guides on recommended
trails? Sort of an insiders guide to Les Arcs for a strong intermediate skiing group. Also, any recommendations for dinner/lunch stops etc?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy