Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sunrise in the Alps

Poster: A snowHead
View over the Dents du Midi this morning

latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
lovely pic, is this from one of the swiss resorts in the PDS???
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'd guess taken from Leysin, but picture is OF Swiss side of PDS??
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
bobinch, that's a pretty swesome pic.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Wow, wish I was there!!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Sunrise on la Dole

ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Haute Savoie Sunrise

latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ricklovesthepowder, Rareperk, taken from just above Montreux. The clouds are hiding Lac Leman.

The Swiss side of the PdS is behind the peak in the centre of the picture. It faces the Dents du midi but from much closer.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I got the Horn early one morning! wink

snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
spectacular Very Happy
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
that top pic is stunning
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.

Mt Blanc, seen from Les Arcs
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
It's not as good as Rob's one, but this is my attempt at sunrise from his Appt. balcony, and I've no idea which mountains I was looking at Laughing

snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Crap post deleted, because a) the Annapurna Range isn't in the Alps and b) I don't know how to post a decent size photo. Embarassed
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Megamum, I think you'll find a clue in Rob's photo! wink
ski holidays
Hurtle, If you are trying to do it from snow media zone once you are on the photo concerned in your album, there is a small icon like a little chain link to the left of the HTML code at the foot of the page - if you click on that you get more options on code that you can just hightlight, copy/paste into your posting here. I use the medium img one. Hoping this might be useful to you.
latest report
Hurtle, Oh, yes - its the slab sided peak that has the sun on it on the RH side of my photo isn't it? Happy I knew I had heard you could see Mt Blanc from Les Arc, but we hadn't worked out which one it was!! LOL
snow report
Megamum, thanks. I was trying to shortcut the snow media zone procedure by using the 'post with a picture' function, but that doesn't seem to 'do' big. I'm not a good photographer, so I've rather put off getting to grips with photo uploading on here. (But I did manage to take some lovely Himalayan sunrises in Nepal.)

Yep, the big mountain correctly identified! It's strange that, when you're quite near it, it doesn't seem appreciably bigger than some of the mountains around it. But I've flown to Marseille a few times this year and each time, in perfect weather, have got the most amazing view of Mont Blanc which, from afar, absolutely towers over the rest of the Alps, at least if you're looking at it from the Rhone valley. Beautiful.
ski holidays
Hurtle, Glad it helped, I must admit I've never tried the post with picture function - I've always done it long windedly (if that's a real word LOL). I open a 2nd SH window then log onto snow media zone, upload a photo and copy the link to post with. It sound laborious I know, but at least I can choose thumbnails or images etc.

The final options on size offered in the links seem dependant on the size of the image uploaded - I spotted that 2 nights ago. To whit: If I resize the images to say 30% of original size (I have a, 8 megapixel camera and take a standard sized image) prior to uploading I can get code to post a full sized image. If I forget to downsize the image prior to upload to snow media I get the medium sized image offered instead (I think that quite a clever idea so that any images posted are of a reasonable size so it doesn't slow down the page loading speed too much).

You are right about the relative size of Mt Blanc - in my picture the perspective certainly makes some of the closer mountains appear larger in comparison, but you have to look closely to realise they are closer to the viewing point.
snow report
Hurtle wrote:
Megamum, It's strange that, when you're quite near it, it doesn't seem appreciably bigger than some of the mountains around it.

Father Ted wrote:
These are small but that one is far away

Laughing

Quite a nice view this morning from our appt, will post it later after the requisite processing.

Megamum the serrated peak to the right of Mt Blanc is the Grand Jorasses, 4208m.
snow conditions
Sunrise is good, but sunset is best

ski holidays
rob@rar, very nice Very Happy
snow report
rob@rar, wow! i have to agree. i much prefer sunsets meself, but will accept good sunrises if they're around Laughing .
ski holidays
rob@rar, That's gorgeous!!!

Swirly, Thanks, there were several kind of serrated peaks in the area - there was a great one visible from the top of the Derby chair that looked really impressive - a real challenge for climbers I should think.

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Sun 7-02-10 12:41; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Beautiful!!! Great idea for a thread.

Matterhorn & Dent d'Herens from the Bertol hut

Aiguille du Midi from Montroc (this is actually taken from our bedroom, though in our rented apartment, not the chalet)

Aiguille du Midi & Mont Blanc -  Sunrise from Montroc 1

Dent du Geant & Grands Jorasses from the Cosmiques (somewhere between the hut & the arete)

Sunrise
ski holidays
Quote:

Beautiful!!! Great idea for a thread.

Hear, hear. Thanks for sharing such wonderful photos.
ski holidays
some of these are calendar worthy! wasn't there a call towards the end of last year for pics? maybe for next year's one.
snow report
Gorgeous pics! Very Happy

I can't wait to see something like that in the morning rather than dreary grey skies over a dull derbyshire town, lol!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Early morning looking at the Pic de Neige Cordier (Ecrins)

Barre des Ecrins:

Refuge Adele Planchard

snow report
Wow, some great photos on this thread. That first one from firebug has a quite extraordinary atmosphere - almost unearthly.

Sunset seen from the Lagazuoy Refuge (Dolomites) 2007
(photo: Horizon)
snow conditions
I love the one of the skier on their way from the refuge 2 above
snow report
Some amazing photos here, hope this is good enough.

Taken this morning and shows exactly why I sleep with the curtains open; only annoying thing is that mast which is a navigation tower for the approach to Sion airport (and has a flashing red light at night).

snow conditions
firebug, that shot from the Berthol is quality. I hope you skied some of that powder! You take some great photos. What camera do you use?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy