Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Pain in the @r@e!!!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've booked my holiday in Whistler at a place called Taluswood which is in Creekside.

Maybe I should have guessed it but I was told that it is ski in/ski out which it is.

HOWEVER, I've now discovered that the only official ski in/out access is via the Dave Murray Downhill.

This is CLOSED to the public for the month I am there.

So on the face of it, I have booked a place that is a pain in the backside to get to and from.

I've looked at Google Earth and there seem to be a series of rat runs above the chalet the may make the place accessible but I'm not sure.

The address is 3-2250 Nordic Drive, Whistler B.C. V0N 1B2.

Does anyone have any local knowledge that may assist me with this?

I feel a bit of a pillock after going to all the trouble choosing the place in the first place. We have two kids and need access from the slopes in case of emergencies.

Can anyone help as I fell the wife is going to kill me when I tell her!!!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Just a thought - if your TO states it is skin/ski out, then it is not actually giving you that. Have you taken up with the company? Seems to me there is an argument that it is the TO's responsibility to make sure it can deliver what it claims. If you are travelling independently, of course, it's yours.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ccl wrote:
Just a thought - if your TO states it is skin/ski out, then it is not actually giving you that. Have you taken up with the company? Seems to me there is an argument that it is the TO's responsibility to make sure it can deliver what it claims. If you are travelling independently, of course, it's yours.

It's independent so no come back there.

The house is fantastic so I've no eal gripes but I'm really going to be pi@@ed off if I can't somehow get back to it/down the hill on skis!

Off piste-ing isn't a problem as long as there is a way through, I just thought someone on here may be able to shed a little light on the subject.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Have you tried asking the place you booked it through? A bit naughty in my book advertising a place as ski in/out then not bothering to tell you that is closed off when you are there.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yep it'll be a pain in the back bottom. There is a bus route that ges through Nordic but lower down the hill IIRC. Personally I'd ask for a refund but all may not be lost - if you look at Google maps it appears that there is some Lympic Accomodation nearby and I understand they are running lots of special buses so you may be ok. Get the accomodation owner to explain bus schedules etc etc to you.

Rat runs will not help you certainly not with kids as you'd have to access from the Dave. In any event I thought Creekside gondi was closed to the public for the duration so you've no uplift either-really a con to advertise it as ski in/out for this period.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
[quote="fatbob"] Agreed!

We are going for March so the Gondola will be open.

We will still be able to ski down via Peak to Creek but this will involve getting a lift back up the hill.

I'm pretty cheesed off as you can imagine although I genuinely think the bloke who owns the place wasn't aware of the fact.

We'll need a car anyway for the kids so not a total loss.

I was really looking forward to the ski in/out though!!!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy