Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

any recommendations for ski hire in Obertauen?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
And what I really mean is cheap Smile
2adults 1 child(under 6) - I've trawled through the rental web sites from the tourist office web site, just wondered if there's anything else (Hotel is fairly close to Gamsleiten lift so not too far from there).
Looks like "Sport 2000 Gefäll" so far unless anyone tells me don't.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hamish,
Intersport very close by as well - possibly favour the Sport 2000 on choice of skis and the guy working there was a good laugh (not very scientific I know Very Happy )
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We used Intersport, not cheap but very good kit and setup. Looked round www.skiworld.at's shop prices looked cheaper.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We used Intersport on the main street I think it was opposite Gamsleiten I lift.
The service was good and we got the current season skis. Almost brand new.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
not hired myself as my wife and myself have got our own gear, but my m8 and his wife hired ski's and boots when we were there in January.

He used Sport Sam (next to the Grundwaldkopf lift), From the shops i saw there for SKi hire were Intersport, Sport2000 and sport Sam.
All seemed to have a good standard of hire gear available. He went with Sport Sam as our hotel had a 10% discount with them.

Enjoy Obertauern, it is a gem of a resort and if you fancy a good late apres ski knees up go to the Monte Flu bar Just off the Grunwalkopf run into the village. Go there 1st then later to Luzer Alm to finish the party off.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hamish, you can book with sport 2000 online - but i don't know if there are any Obertauern shops on the system. If so it 'may' be chaper than the shops...
If not and you have a car then rent your skis in the valley on your way up to Obertauern.
I recommend the sport 2000 'Weitgasser' in Altenmarkt.
If you say Ben sent you from Haus Susanne they should give you a 10% discount too!
Have fun up there... when are you going? I haven't been up to Obertauern for ages... faqr too much snow to play with down here at the mo! Laughing Laughing snowHead
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks all for your info.
flangesax, Hywel, , yes - I found the web site and it looks marginally cheaper than other places so I think that's who we'll go with. Really looking forward to going - 2nd week of April.
Won't have a car so we want somewhere close to the hotel.
3 yrs ago used Sport Sam , but it's way too far from the hotel this time and a couple of years ago used M-1 Sports, but they seem to have been taken over by Skiworld so now don 't mind who I use.
It's all still eye-wateringly expensive though. Shocked
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Our hotel had discount vouchers for Intersport 10% IIRC. Worth asking at your accom.?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy