Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Hire in Tignes Les Brevieres

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone have any experience of the ski hire shops in Les Brevieres? I am currently looking to book online and am not sure which to go for, so any personal recommendations/tips to avoid would be much appreciated.

There are 2 of us, both intermediate skiers, requiring skis only.

My search so far has found 3 shops:

Ski Republic: (using 2 4 1 offer) Eur 111 (sport), Eur 143 (performance)

Intersport: (through Alpinresorts or intersport website) Eur 110 (red level/silver)

L'Ardechoise (Twinner?): (through Ski-Set or snowbrainer website) Eur 102 (silver) Eur 129 (gold)

I don't know if there are any others I haven't found.

I think the sport/silver/red/whatever the current marketing line is would be okay for us, but if you think otherwise, please say so! The cost between the shops seem to be pretty similar - I'm not bothered about the odd Euro here and there, I'd rather get a decent product and good service.

From searches I've done, reviews seem to vary from resort to resort for the same company, which is rather confusing Confused

Cheers Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

From searches I've done, reviews seem to vary from resort to resort for the same company, which is rather confusing

They will all be franchise operations so whilst they will conform in certain ways they are free to work the business in their own individual manner. Hence you will not have the same experience in every outlet.

I stayed in Les Brevieres a few years back, a satellite village if I remember right. Given it's size I'm not surprised there are limited options. Nice place, I liked it. Unfortunately, I wasn't hiring and it would be too long ago to help you. Sorry.

GO
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Didn't hire when we were there but Intersport is the one you walk past on the way to the lift, Ski Republic is just off the main street, couldn't tell you where the other one is can't help further sorry
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
It seems like Les Brevieres is a place people have visited whilst in the area, but not so many have stayed in and therefore not hired locally.

I am toying with the idea of of waiting until we get there - mid March, so I'm not expecting it to be heaving (but correct me if I've missed something!) Does anyone know if the Ski Republic 2-for-1 offer is available in resort, or just online? I'd rather speak to knowledgeable staff about what's suitable than blindly picking it myself, but I'm put off by the extra 40-50% I may end up paying.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The 2 for 1 signs were in the windows, I think some one posted about that deal over the Christmas period
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy