Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Butterfly in AdH today has..........

Poster: A snowHead
skied a Shocked Shocked RED Shocked Shocked

Our instructor Mel took us for a warm up then said we were going on a little trip (gulp). We took the Signal chair and I have to admit I wondered precisely how we were getting back down what seemed like a cliff face. We went on ahead and worked on the Petit Prince blue and "enjoyed" its rather enthusiastic Poma which when it engaged jolted so violently I was lifted clean off my feet Shocked. When we returned to the bowl at the top, Mel said we were heading over to the slalom training slope - cue multiple stomach churns and a tiny squeaked "err... what?". Having no choice I then skied down it - and was informed at the bottom that it was a red. I had just one slightly sticky moment - really because Mel said "wait there" and I stopped and the first few turns after that were not a pretty sight and included a few yards of side slip - however the glow on arriving at the bottom was fab! We then returned to the slope that on Monday had seemed a bit steep and shot down it having fun! snowHead snowHead
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Butterfly, Well done, enjoy the apres Laughing
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Butterfly, well done Very Happy Very Happy great news, keep it up. You will be a Slalom skier yet Toofy Grin Seriously though this is amazing and bodes so well for our trip to L2A in March. iscream is having a nap after a pretty intense day here but I'm sure she will say hello once she has recovered. Actually I think it was probably too much beer at our final stop - still we are learning a whole new skiing repertoire on this trip Madeye-Smiley Once again well done you.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Nice one.

I know what you mean about that Poma half way down the Petit Prince. Sent me flying a few weeks ago. Felt v foolish.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Butterfly, That's a steep red aswell, well done.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Butterfly, Well done you Very Happy You will find its one hell of a confidence boost to now be able to say you are a 'red run skier' Toofy Grin Just to plant an idea in your mind - stopping is not a good idea when you are out of your confidence zone - the turns come seem to come easier when you are in the middle of them (or at least they do for me). If BMF_skier is waiting for me on a steep bit and I am going well, I zazz past without stopping calling out 'see you at the bottom of this bit' Laughing

There will be no stopping you now - go for it!! Very Happy
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Nice one Butterfly Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Butterfly, well done Smile
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Excellent - I suggest you take a small drinky in celebration tonight.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Butterfly wrote:
We then returned to the slope that on Monday had seemed a bit steep and shot down it having fun! snowHead snowHead

Sweet baby ! A sure sign of progress snowHead
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Butterfly, well done you, Very Happy Very Happy if you were anything like me when you got to the bottom you just wanted to punch the air with delight much to the amazement of the other skiers who were around us at the time but they don't know what a great achievement it is for us. Looking forward to seeing you in LDA.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Well done, Butterfly, sounds like you could get used to this skiing lark! wink
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Cool - well done you!!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Butterfly, fantastic! Well done you Very Happy
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Butterfly, well done - that is indeed quite steep. Poutran for you next.... Toofy Grin wink
snow report
Butterfly,
snow report
Butterfly,

Well done you!! You deserve a drink Cool
snow conditions
Butterfly, you'll find blacks which aren't as steep as that top section
snow conditions
Butterfly, I love that trick of not telling you what you're skiing down til you've done it - its a real confidence booster - and the steepness of that slop is not to be snezed at - well done! And I know exactly what you mean about that poma..... I've caught air every time I've used it, although when there is a foot of fresh powder on that Petit Prince run it is well worth it!
snow report
Quote:

I've caught air every time I've used it

you people who ski in big well known areas are spoiled. wink Round here there are quite a few drags which do that every time, though one of the worst offenders was replaced with a chair this summer (worse luck, as that drag kept a lot of punters, especially incompetent snowboarders, away from a very nice area!).
snow report
pam w, I don't think you are wrong - we are off to our tiny Swiss place next Friday for the week and will be reduced to T bars Shocked for most of the time!!
snow report
pam w wrote:
......kept a lot of punters, especially incompetent snowboarders, away from a very nice area!).

Now, now play nicely. If you can't share, you'll do without wink
ski holidays
Thanks for all the encouragement - it means a lot! Trip report with pics now done snowHead
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy