Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Giro G10 earpads

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've bought last seasons Giro G10 helmet from the states and am struggling to find Giro-Skullcandy tuneups. Snow and rock have let me down and not got back to me despite chasing them up! I've even tried asking if they can get me the new earpads with velcro to allow the new tuneup headsets!
Rideking and Chainreaction cycles don't do them either.
Does anyone know where I can get either of these earpads or spares...?
Cheers
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Tumble, You might get some old spares from www.onebelowzero.com
They aren't handling Giro this season, but have done for past years. You might be lucky.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Tumble, we got two pairs from REI.com. The volume control on each pair was rubbish and broke after a week and three weeks respectively, and we had to buy two mini-jack audio leads instead.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I believe these are exactly the same ones for the G9 and I bought mine from Snow & Rock in Bristol a few months ago. Admittedly they only had two pairs in stock but I had previously phoned S&R online and they said they had loads in the warehouse if I wanted to place an order over the phone. Maybe they are out of stock now though as I couldn't find any at the end of last season.

The spring clip on my volume control broke off as soon as I got the things home and then on holiday I managed to bust the jack connection, probably by leaning on my pole when it was in my pocket. Simply replaced it with a double ended jack lead and now just press pause on the ipod shuffle since I no longer have the volume/mute toggle on the lead.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I believe these are exactly the same ones for the G9 and I bought mine from Snow & Rock in Bristol a few months ago. Admittedly they only had two pairs in stock but I had previously phoned S&R online and they said they had loads in the warehouse if I wanted to place an order over the phone. Maybe they are out of stock now though as I couldn't find any at the end of last season.

The spring clip on my volume control broke off as soon as I got the things home and then on holiday I managed to bust the jack connection, probably by leaning on my pole when it was in my pocket. Simply replaced it with a double ended jack lead and now just press pause on the ipod shuffle since I no longer have the volume/mute toggle on the lead.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thank you all,
I will pursue all your suggestions! It's just a shame that their jacks are so unreliable it's the same story in most reviews I've read! The helmet itself is fantastic - just a shame that the after sales support is little to be desired!
I used to be plumbed into my ipod with in-ear speakers, thus oblivious to all conversations on piste. Told off for nodding and replying 'yes' to everybody talking to me, rude...extremely! Put me well and truly out of favour with a few people, rightly so.. Suprisingly most of my friends were in the same boat but they all had the earpads and could still hear the conversations...
Appologies for the digression!
Thanks and I'll keep you posted if I can source the new velcro pads!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've managed to find a set from www.biker-boarder.de/shopware/shopware.php.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Agree with experiences on the really cr@ppy quality of the cables on the G10 tune-ups. I didn't break the jack but the plastic cladding on the cable came away causing a dud connection after less than a week. It was a very cold temps, below -15c, but even basic white ipod earbuds survived nearly a whole season before the cables failed! Good call on replacing the jack lead though, I threw the earpieces in a drawer in disgust, will see if I can salvage them.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
my giro tune-ups don't have volume control - just mute. In fact, I swapped with my OH and have Red earpieces, which have a mute button on the earpiece itself which I find much easier to use - he couldn't find it, and prefers the clip thing. Neither the red nor the Giro have volume control - they're a few years old, maybe the volume control is on more recent models. the giro/red earpieces are not quite the same, but they work OK with a bit of fiddling.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I have to say I'm not impressed by S&R they're now selling them online and still not got back to me, not sure sure if the photograph shows the correct fittings as the clips on the G10 are shorter.
In the meantime my order from biker-boarder has arrived - will see how long they last.
Giro Europe replied to my enquiry with a contact number and will keep you posted!
www.snowandrock.com/giro-tune-ups-audio/helmets/ski-snowboard-outdoor-sports/fcp-product/2044
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I am looking for the Giro G10 ski helmet regular ear pads (black) that come with the helmet. I lost one when I took them out for spring. While looking for them online I noticed people are replacing the originals for audio ones. If there is anyone who could give up a pair that they are no longer using please let me know.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy