Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New ski trousers

Poster: A snowHead
Hi,
first post, but seems like there's a bunch of folks here who might be able to help!

I'm in the market for a new pair of ski trousers. Having always bought black or grey before, I fancy going for something a bit lary this time out and so was looking at the sweet protection Supernaut in blue. However, tried on (think it was crusader) last weekend in SnR at Chertsey and can only think they've been designed for someone 203 ft tall. I mean, I'm 6'2 so hardly short and...well let's put it this way, Mrs Clanger was nearly deprived of any more clangs I had them pulled up so high, yet the ankle was STILL half way under my foot!
Anyone know if Sweet do long/medium/short lengths of their kit, like Jeans or else is there a point to this (other than to make tallish people feel short!)

Failing that, any other suggestions for some top quality, but lary pantaloons of the skiing variety, preferably in similar blue?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
it is to give you teh steeze
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Burtun AK do some lary colourways, as do Peak Performance or Norrona if you want to spend a bit, or westbeach, bonfire, tnf, quicksilver and many more do lary for cheaper..The best fitting pants I found recently after trying many many on, was westbeach board pants, which weren't as back bottom out baggy as I thought they may be..
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
For the same sort of tech/quality(/and price!) check out Peak Performance, Haglofs and Norrona.

I'm not sure I'd describe any of them (inc Sweet) as lary though, bright and funky yeah, but fairly tasteful!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
haglofs kecks come in any colour so long as it is black as far as i can work out
burton AK stuff does look quite nice but isn't ski specific so i worry about shredding the ends of the legs on ski edges
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
don't think the Norrona or Peak stuff has re-enforced ski boot patches either..whats that bit called anyway?

anyway thats what gaffer tapes for.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
with norrona the whole cuff of the trouser legs is reinforced on the Lofoten line. I have some Narvik kecks and there is reinforcement but it is subtle - kind of built into the fabric
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Arno, did you ever flog those spyder 'kecks'? wink
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
stand corrected, didn't notice the bit at the bottom.

still i tend to slice mine higher up at knee height after I've clattered myself some how..
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
red 27, wrong person mate - wouldn't touch Spyder gear with a bargepole Cool

papasmurf, none of this stuff is immune to poor crampon technique which is how i shredded my previous pair of kecks
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

haglofs kecks come in any colour so long as it is black as far as i can work out

On checking their website you seem to be right (well, there is green but not a very bright/nice green!) - shame, their jackets are cool. The salopettes do have a reinforced area for your ski edges though wink
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Cheers guys,
I must admit I did look at the Norrona Lofoten pants, checking their website they do a Blue which is really cool, but I'm just not sure I can bring myself to splunk £380 on a pair of troos! Also, the fact I can't find any of the blue Lofoten's in anything other than tiny is a hindrance!

No view on the Sweet protection and their enormous length then (no comments on enormous length please... Smile )?

Thinking I'll push my current troos for one more year...just bought new boots, so maybe enough expenditure for one year!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
clanger32 wrote:
No view on the Sweet protection and their enormous length then (no comments on enormous length please... Smile )?

do i have to tell you twice? it's for teh steeze
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Don't have to tell me twice, but might have to tell me what "the steeze" is? First time round I thought you'd misspelled Sneeze....which just didn't make ANY sense!

Shocked Puzzled
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
clanger32, if you don't know what it is, you ain't got it wink

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=steez
snow report
There are certain points in your life, where you suddenly realise you're old. I've just had one. Sad
Very Happy
cheers Arno!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy