Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Lost Bandit B2s from the Verdon gondola Courchevel w/e 30th Jan 2010

Poster: A snowHead
When grabbing our skis from the top of the Verdon gondola at Courchevel 1850 I ended up with some unmarked rental Rossignol Bandit B2s - 174 long instead of my skis of the same model but 166 long.

So - and I know this is a long shot - does anyone on this forum have my skis or know which shop might have them now. I am going out to the Three Valleys again soon in the event that a rental shop has them.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Not nice to hear, try asking at www.latania.co.uk, was there no indication on the skis as to which hire shop they came from??
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Why do you think they are rentals?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
B2's....no great loss Twisted Evil
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
One day they'll say the same about you
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
And that would be very inappropriate
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
in fact thinking about this, didn't you see if anyone outside the gondola was having trouble clicking into their skis, it'd be unusual for their sole length to be the same as yours???
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks for the tip about Latania website.
Ignoring the unhelpful comment about B2s I must explain that they were not marked with a ski shop label and had adjustable rental bindings.

There was no chance to look around until the top of the next lift - Vizelle - that I transferred to. I did not realise the swap until then and there
was nobody at the top of the Vizelle lift that had my skis.
This could have been due to the fact that the bindings were adjusted to the same sole length as mine. I was able to ski the rest of the day on these.

I just hope that the guy who took my skis by mistake had taken out insurance at the rental shop or he would have got stung for quite a lot for the skis he had 'lost'.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Maybe if they didn't have a ski shop label they weren't actually rented.

Someone took my skis out of a gondola last year - left their rental pair so we went to the shop but the system could not throw up who the skis were rented to. Mine did turn up about 36 hours later at the shop - and the renter had huge feet so had not been able to squeeze into my bindings, even though they had tried to move them. The ski shop - in another resort about half an hour's drive from us - were so pleased when they were able to phone and say my skis had turned up - we then took their pair back.

What I did do after that was put my initials on each ski and also my mobile phone number - and even a year they still show up - so that could be something you could do when you, hopefully, get your skis back. Good luck.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Could be any shop in the 3v's

You could start emailing the shops
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Grim Deeds wrote:
... I must explain that they were not marked with a ski shop label and had adjustable rental bindings...

Ex-rental then?

I've rented a fair few skis in my time and they've all had the shop sticker (and phone number) on them.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Grim Deeds, I have two pairs of (race) skis with rental bindings (as they were going cheap, or something). In fact, one pair of rental bindings were taken from a pair of 215 cm Blizzard Super G skis that I firmly believe were not for rent!

So it's not completely indicative that they're rental skis...

Maybe it was just an honest mistake, irritating though it is...
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So the skis you took had exactly the same binding and perhaps the same poles tied to them? Laughing

IMHO the skis are likely to be ex-rental sell offs and the chap who's ended up with shorter skis is probably a lot more gutted than you; realistically there's next to bug all chance of you finding this person. At the end of the day you've ended up with the same skis but a bit longer, you're probably a better skier than when you bought the 166s so suck it up and ski the 174s - you'll get used to them in no time.

Just pity the chap skiing on 166s Toofy Grin
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
B2's....no great loss Twisted Evil

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Nowt wrong with B2's. OK mine are getting a bit old now, but still prefer them to those crappy Fischer RX8 things you reccomended Twisted Evil
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Axsman, I know, I feel very bad about that. It was stupid of me to think you'd be good enough for them Laughing . I wonder if the OP has checked his bedding cupboard, bound to be 2 spare, comfy pillows in there wink
latest report
Frosty the Snowman, Damn right it was foolish of you. You've seen me ski! Laughing

Just packing my pillows away for a week in Meribel. Gonna demo some Zeniths out there as the possible next replacements. Tried a pair of 9.5's in Ischgl and they were very kind to me. (unlike the bloody demanding RX8's !) snowHead
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy