Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Mount Baker

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm work near Seattle for 2 days at the beginning of March (tough but someone has to do it) so am hoping to get a few days at Mt Baker before flying back to the UK ( rude not to hehe)

Anyone got any knowledge of reasonable accom near Baker? Doesn't have anything fancy - I don't want to blow the income from the job!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There's a decent article in the last issue of Fall Line ski mag about skiing in Washington State. Got some nice pics and a good write up, but i'm not sure if there's any accommodation stuff in it.

We're actually going on our summer holiday to Seattle and the surrounding area and have been using this tourism site. probably your best bet.

http://www.experiencewa.com/
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ta shoog I'll take a look. Love the username by the way - my other half is a Scott so I'm familiar with the vernacular!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
There's no lodging on the mountain. Glacier is about 20 miles away and is the closest place to sleep (not counting those sleeping in their cars in the parking lot). There are a couple places there, but absolutely nothing in the way of entertainment. Otherwise, Bellingham.

Crystal Mt is the best skiing in Washington, and the only resort in the state with any sort of on mountain lodging and food/drink after the lifts close. It's also closer to Seattle than Mt. Baker, and closer still to the airport if that's a consideration.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I stayed in Glacier when i went to Mt Baker in 2005. Booked through Mount Baker lodging (www.mtbakerlodging.com) and recall was very reasonable at the time, but that was a while ago now. You'll want your own transport to the mountain - I recall that there was a bus service but it tended to leave early and we were giving hitchers a lift back to Glacier most days we were there. As has been said, it's a good 20 miles to the mountain from town.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Cool thanks. I'm staying in Bellingham a couple of nights for the shoot I'm doing so maybe just stay on there and sourse some cheaper accom for the rest of my none work related stay, I'll have a higher car. Looking forward to it, any other knowledge on the ski area appreciated.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
weeSKI, you a photographer?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
When I was there the mountain was in pretty bad shape as 2005 was Bakers worst snow year on record, but you could easily see the potential. There are 2 lodges, Heather meadows and White Salmon, White Salmon is the lower of the 2 and has direct access to a selection of intermediate pistes. Heather meadows has the little green runs and the black run terrain. Don't know if they've invested in the lift system much over the last 5 years - they were predominantly old rattler lifts when i was there. Remember that the Canyon was a good off of chair 6. Lots of trees to go dodging in too. Would love to go back one year for the epic powder they can get - think that they still hold the record for snowfall at over 1000 inches in a season.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
shoogly wrote:
weeSKI, you a photographer?

Indeed I am.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Lots of motels in Bellingham. Motel 6 is usually pretty reliable n cheap (think its near the Uni a couple of exits south of the Baker highway). Otherwise Glacier or maybe Maple Falls, a bit more expensive and very little to do at night. Drive up to Baker is easy with chains only after Glacier if at all.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy