Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The North Face ski wear, anyone had problems?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi everyone, i've purchased alot of North Fce products over recent years, last year i purchased some ski gloves and trousers along with a jacket. The jacket has been great. However after only 2 weeks of skiing the gloves have a couple of small holes on/next to the stictching and are showing signs of wear along the index fingers next to the stitching. The trousers have a 4 or 5 small slits on the legs. On both items the stitched north face logos are becoming un-stitched!
Has anyone else been dissapointed with their TNF stuff? I've always loved it but i'm a little dissapointed with this kit!

Hugh
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi yep Ive just written something very simmilar on another thread Sad

I got 4 days out of a pair of Vortex Gloves before the palm and thumb seams started showing serious wear. (They were bought from a bona fide outlet). That was 10 days ago and they were bought less than 3 weeks ago.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
hmmm doesn't sound good! Was just reading elsewhere and it seems since a larger company took over the brand the quality has been a little hit and miss although most still seem to like it! Hopefully i'll get a reply to my e-mail, if not i'll be returning the gloves and trousers to the retailers!

Hugh
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
If you bought them in a legitimate retail outlet then bring them back. TNF have a good returns policy as any high end outdoor brand should. If you bought them on ebay then odds are they aren't real & you've no come back.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The slits in the legs of the trousers are almost certainly caused by ski edges, and are unlikely to be covered by any guarantees or returns policy (or Sale of Goods Act).
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
yea they have a good warranty dept so take them back to the shop and let them sort it out.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
the wear on the gloves is probably also from the ski edges when carrying them
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I've had issues with two pairs of Montana gloves, but I got them cheapo in a sale. All my other Nort Face kit (salopettes, ski coats, thermals, normal waterproofs) has been ace.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Yeah i guess the slits in the lower leg of the trousers are most likely ski edges but the gloves just look like the stitching has pulled slightly.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
But surely a trouser designed for skiing should be 'slit proof' as contact with ski edges can be foreseen? Certainly my ski trousers have reinforced panels on the inside of each leg where they may contact the skis.
Although it has to be said I genuinely do not know what 'label' they have on or in them as they were purchased for the visible quality of the garment not the label or price.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Don't TNF do a lifetime guarantee against manufacturing defects, I would think stitching coming undone is a manufacturing issue.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
ricfrench, no Very Happy
Quote:

The North Face® products are fully warranted to the original owner against defects in materials and workmanship for two years. During this period, if a product fails or is damaged due to a manufacturing or workmanship defect, we will repair the product without charge, replace it or credit it. This warranty does not cover damage caused by accident, improper care, negligence, laundering, normal wear and tear or the natural breakdown of colours and materials over extended time and use.

http://uk.thenorthface.com/warrantyproduct-guaranteesuk/
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Got a reply from TNF this afternoon. They have asked me to return the items with receipts to the retailer where they were purchased. The gloves came from John Lewis so thats not a problem but the trousers came from free spirit which has now shut down so i'll have to ask them about that!

Hugh
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy