Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

P-tex Repairs

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have just got back from 8 days boarding in Flaine, but not have innumerate scratches and gouges in my base. Anyone got advice on how deep or wide a gouge should be before filling with p-tex candle? I have a couple that it is obvious, but others are 1mm deep or slightly more - is it worth it, or should I just leave those and when it is stone ground, get them out that way? Once I have done mine, I will be doing my dad's skis.

Your thoughts please.

Marcus
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
croskemj, As long as the gouge isn't deep, and isn't near the edge, then you needn't bother. On the other hand - if you have not done many repairs before - then the little ones will be good to practise on.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
croskemj, I tend to fill holes over 2 mm or slightly smaller ones by the edge. Although if you're feeling lazy you can just chuck a bit of wax in them wink

Better than ptex candles is ptex ribbon although it has to be welded in (you can't burn and drip) it's significantly harder than the stuff the candles are made from so won't wear down as fast.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
P tex does not fill vey deep, 1mm at pest from a drop. 2 passes or more for a deeper gouge. Give it a go
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Right will have go and see. thanks for the advice
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy