Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

K2 Silencer for alpine and telemark

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi again. Thanks for all the answers to my last question

What are people's experiences with these skis? I've seen some which look like a good deal which I'd think about attaching telemark bindings to. from what I've read so far that being semi-park they're quite flexy, which is good, but would they have enough of the torsional rigidity that FlyingStantoni says they'd need?

How much difference would a dedicated telemark ski make?

Cheers snowHead
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Eddd, Dunno about the skis specifically.. but (IMV) as long as you stick to a sensible length, then more or less any ski will do. Dedicated tele skis are not required. Hammerheads will make the job much much easier wink

Oh - and another thought - as they are twin tips - you'll learn to keep your feet apart - to stop the tails crossing Laughing
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
you're not a hammerhead seller are you? wink if so please do me a deal!

yeah i'll have to keep that in mind, although i tend to be on twintip skis when i'm fixed-heel anyway. will they make it much harder to skate on the skis?

what do you think about releasable bindings like the 7TM Power? http://www.braemarmountainsports.com/products.php?cat=12&prod=110
is it an unnecessary complication on tele bindings? i guess they're not DIN rated anyway.

I think I've decided NTN boots are probably too expensive and I'll stick to standard ones for the time being - unless anyone has any boots/bindings going cheap!

(hangs head for shameless begging)
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Eddd,
Quote:

what do you think about releasable bindings like the 7TM Power? http://www.braemarmountainsports.com/products.php?cat=12&prod=110
is it an unnecessary complication on tele bindings? i guess they're not DIN rated anyway.

I'm not a Hammerhead re-seller, no - just a very satisfied user snowHead

As far as the 7TM's go, they are safer, because of the release, but they don't ski nearly as well. When you are starting, release is a good idea.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Eddd,
Quote:
what do you think about releasable bindings like the 7TM Power?

7TMs are great, and if you value your limbs releasables are an excellent option (though I never had issues with tele-splats on non-releasables) - I'm certain they are DIN rated too.

You still need leashes to the plate, or bail-straps, as although they have brakes these only deploy if the plate releases: if your boot inadvertantly came out of the binding the brakes are still up. (the 7TM bail-straps are my preferred option which prevent the heel-bail from opening)

Plus points for them if you ski a lot of backcountry is that they should potentially be safer as they would (hopefully) release if you do get av-ed.

If you get the power-tour, these hinge at the front so you're not flexing the boot whilst skinning and theoretically use less energy, and it looks like the heel-bail is now step in, which should make them even better to use.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Eddd, This may help (don't worry about the date.. not much has changed)

http://www.telemarktips.com/NewBindings.html
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I like my 7TMs, and before that I used a Voile Hard Wire on release plate. The power is better than the old allmountain. Haven't tried the tour version.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ok thanks for the heads up, I think I'll fork out the extra cash for 7tms and stick them on some cheap 178s for the time being. I'll let you know how it goes!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
some excellent 7TM info here http://deuberhome.com/photohtmls/skiing/7tm/7tm_tips.htm
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Eddd, Have a look here..http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=54240&highlight=

There will be a few of us at Hemel this Sunday morning. snowHead
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy