Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Lads Trip to Pas De La Casa

Poster: A snowHead
There are 4 of us going to Pas in a couple of weeks from Manchester.

As we need to travel to Manchester the previous evening as check in opens at 4:20am is there bars etc open in terminal 24 hours?
Also we have ski carriage with Crystal although flying Thomsonfly, does this include boots?

Advice please
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
livertransplantplease, welcome to snowheads and nice name! Laughing

You could try a hotel on or near Manchester airport for the night before. I used the following website for Birmingham airport and the hotel room plus one week's car parking was cheaper than car parking alone at the airport itself.

www.airporthotels4u.co.uk

Ski carriage with Crystal/Thomson does include boots, but they do tend to weigh them along with your hold bag (the boots not the skis).
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
livertransplantplease, to start your trip in style, firstly head to this place
http://www.cloud23bar.com for pre trip cocktails Laughing
23 stories up above Deansgate. Then head out to the airport.

If there are no bars open at the airport but I'm sure there will be either:
a) book in to a first class lounge - for about £20 free beers/wine
b) book one room in the airport hilton (or other hotel) then stay in the bar as residents. Again should be around £20-£30 each but you'll have to pay for your beer

Have a good trip Very Happy
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Do you know if the transfer bus still stops in that French Village "Foix" i think it's called.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
livertransplantplease, which Terminal?

"Introducing the Runway Bar, located in T1 departure lounge, our bar serves food and drinks 365 days a year 24/7 to thirsty travelers"
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
livertransplantplease wrote:
Do you know if the transfer bus still stops in that French Village "Foix" i think it's called.

Can't remember the name but its a giant coach park near a burger stall and a restaurant. Adds an hour to the trip by the time they've faffed about. Take a good book.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
livertransplantplease wrote:

It did a few weeks ago.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I thought it was "Ax les Thermes" they stopped at.
If it is go find the thermal pool, about 150m from the coach park.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The coach stop is a right pain.

It used to be in Aix Les Therme and was at a nice cafe right in the middle of this historic village. Croissants and espresso was a nice start to the holiday.

The new coach park is on the edge of a deserted road and is owned by the coach companies. The drivers eat for free whilst the passengers get fleeced for a stale baguette. There is a McD's down the road but its too far to walk in the time available. You then get back on the coach and its about 35 minutes to Pas.

Without the stop and by holding 'welcome' meetings at the following breakfast, or on the coach, you could easily get 4-5hrs on the hill on the day you arrive.

If you are hungry, buy rolls at Toulouse and take them with you. The sooner everyone stops buying stuff from the drivers cafe, the sooner this practise will stop.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
holidayloverxx wrote:
livertransplantplease, which Terminal?

"Introducing the Runway Bar, located in T1 departure lounge, our bar serves food and drinks 365 days a year 24/7 to thirsty travelers"

Terminal 2 i believe.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The Runway bar will be no use to you cause you cant get through security (I think it is the other side! When I did it last year I couldnt find a bar but theres a cafe which sells beer!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
For the baggage for Thompson (through Crystal) we were told that the allowance per set of skis was 6Kg with a hold Bag of 20kg and 5kg for your carry on. Seems like they are fairly flexible with the interpretation of 'ski' allowance and plenty of people were checking in boots and skis in seperate bags although we had our in our hold bags That was on the newcastle geneva route 2 weeks ago.

The person you realy need to advise on a lads trip is Savaloy-Joy but he may be lost in the sock drawer
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I find it hard to believe that you can carry on ski boots, would they not be classed as dangerous - ie too hard/solid an object that could be used as a weapon
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
SkiG, yes, The runway bar is though security, suspect that livertransplantplease may not need his transplant so soon given the lack of alchohol stops in T2 at that time of day, unless he partakes of the bottles in the cafe, which is not the same ambiance Laughing
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Can anyone advise me on the ski-carriage question please which is more of an issue
ski holidays
Ski carriage doesn't normally include boots. You can usuallly check boots in in a boot bag, but it's part of your 20 kg. You should be able to get a week's kit and boots inside 20 kg. You're going to have to carry it anyway.

Weirdly enough, last time I went through T1, they insisted that my wife's boot bag went throught the oversize luggage desk, laong with the skis. Dunno if they weighed them in or what. Every other darned thing got sen that way as well and there wasonly one oversize desk open so that the queue reached all the way back to the other oversize desk and flights were delayed because people had to wait in line after their bags were already checked in. Hope T2 works out better for you.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy