Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Lenzerheide - anyone been there recently - what's it like?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looking for ski ideas for Easter close to Zurich and I have stumbled upon Lenzerheide, which is new to me Puzzled . Can anyone advise what its like for a long weekend?

Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I went about 2001 - not much to say really although I know others have been. There is a circular bus system taking you to both sides of the valley. Very Swiss town. Ice-rink. Would be great for a weekend I'm sure.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Was there last year when I ski Davos, Flims and St Moritz. Went there one day from St Moritz.

It has two sides with the piste map showing 3 sketches. The one in the middle is the plan . Quite a large area. Unfortunately on the day of my visit the upper section was close due to poor weather. I was quite impressed by its infrastructure.

From Zurich Flims/Laax/Falera is a much bigger place to ski. Arosa is small but nice when I checked it out. I didn't ski it. Davos/Kloster is also a major resort not to be missed.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ozboy, never been to Lenzerheide but had a great weekend in Arosa last january and an equally good weekend in Flumserberg last easter. See these links for more details:

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewpost.php?p=1144474

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewpost.php?p=1222685

Both places would be good for an Easter trip with Arosa probably safest for snow cover but you may find booking somewhere to stay difficult unless your wallet is larger than mine!

You can get a train from Zurich airport to Arosa in 3hrs or so or Flumserberg is about 2hrs plus 10mins in a gondola directly from the train station in the valley.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ozboy, good timing - I got back from a week there on Saturday! I keep meaning to write a TR, but haven't got round to it yet...maybe at the weekend.

Anyway, what kind of info are you after? It's a fair bet for a weekend from Zurich...it's only about 2:30 hrs by train/bus from ZRH airport, so definitely viable. As saikee says, the ski area is on both sides of the valley, and is reasonably well put together (mostly chairs, with some drags). The different sides are linked by ski buses (which seem to work fairly well). Skiing isn't overly challenging, but as it's not over-developed there's reasonable scope for off-piste. There's also a decent day-tour you can do, but more on that another time. The snow was looking very nice on Saturday morning (when I was too lazy after 13 days on skis to get out one final time) - I'd guess they've had more by now, so it should be really good.

Arosa is similar style skiing, though based in a large bowl higher up (I think) than Lenzerheide. It's a posher resort (lots of walking paths and people taking sleighs to lunch), but still looked nice enough (stayed in Chur when I went a couple of years ago).

If you're after anything specific then shout...
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Nice photo of Lenzerheide:

However it doesn't give a good idea of the ski area or the village

(and was taken 77 years ago)
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I can recommend the youth hostel. Double rooms available, very modern, recently renovated. Its right on the piste, so you can ski in, ski out. The resort itself can get busy at weekends, especially with day trippers from Zurich. But this is mainly a problem with parking on arrival and traffic jams trying to leave, rather than queues for lifts.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy