Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Rosiere advice March 20th

Poster: A snowHead
Looking at a week in March 20th-27th found a good deal in La Rosiere. Is it a classically good resort late in the season.

Another alternative I felt may be Les Arcs which is a little higher. We are a group with a mixture from beginner to randonee, heli skiers.

R
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
go to Les Arcs unless La Ros is unbelievably cheap
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Arno, What will the conditions be in La Ros the prices are pretty cheap for a 4* catered chalet in La Ros.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
plectrum, we went first week last April - we had a sunny week and the south-facing slopes on the La Rosiere side did suffer as you would expect at that time of year. We went over to La Thuile most days. I would go back though not in a rush.
There seemed to be plenty of heli-skiing going on.

Les Arcs is on my shortlist!

But then if the deal's good ... Very Happy
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I don't think I would waste my time, especially not late March.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Best weeks skiing I, and the 30 that went with us, have ever had was 23-30 March 2008. Masses of snow and at least 6 inches of fresh every night. Quite stunning. We had a mixed group from nervous newbies right up to lunatic kids and off piste experts. The snow was good in La Thuile but spectacular in La Rosiere.

Wouldn't waste your time though wink Laughing
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I wouldn't waste my time. Maybe if I got a great deal or it would be the only way I'd get skiing I would go for it but there are other places I would choose in terms of terrain and the chances of getting good conditions. Like Les Arc.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Both great resorts. If your group is all adults I'd go for Les Arcs as La Rosiere is quite family orientated.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Here's an idea , why not try Ste Foy down the road , only 4 lifts but better skiing than La Ros , uncrowded slopes for the beginners , good skiing for the intermediates who can then progress to Ste Foy really accessable off piste , a 6 day pass gives the intermediates one half price day in Val/Tignes 20 mins away and Les Arcs 10 mins away , as for the experts read any independent report and they will tell you that Ste Foy has great offpiste , the Heli run back into France finishes in Ste Foy area not La Ros and you have Val and Les Arcs on your doorstep .

There are plenty chalets firms who offer really top quality at very cheap prices .

Don't worry too much about height ,that week your looking at isn't really that late and the way the winters going anywhere above 1500m's is going to be fine .

Check it out ,

If however you want nightclubs , don't bother .
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Stevomcd (a snowHead) runs the Whiteroom chalet in Sainte Foy. Check it out.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Here's a report worth reading , I hear the whiteroom is very good .

http://www.welove2ski.com/jsp/index.jsp?lnk=101&id=127&desc=Sainte-Foy-Tarentaise%
2C+France&resname=127&x=18&y=12

if that doesn't link go to www.welove2ski.com .
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
It is very good, I can vouch for that.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
plectrum, My experience is that late season skiing in la Rosière is surprisingly good. I have had spectacular days there, and terrible days in les Arcs. And vice versa, of course. I am going the following week, and expect sunny slopes and fresh snow. And more North-facing slopes in Italy if it gets just toooo sunny.

As far as I know it is the only resort in France where you can ski to the heli (which lands and takes off in Italy).

Of course the weather could be terrible that week, who knows? Not me!

It's a risk, isn't it. But why not try it, you might like it.

David
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
What will the weather be like in LR in late March?

rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I wouldn't go to LR. You will have to wear your boots to breakfast. Apparently.
latest report
More More More .... I am not going but my wife, sister and friend and finacee are ....... I am off to high mtn tour in Engadine in 16 days .... what is the point of life if it isn't above 3000m Smile

I will pass on the sound contradictory advice, thanks.

I would love to go to Ste Foy too, I like the look of www.chn1.co.uk

R
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy