Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chamrousse - 13th - 20th Feb 2010

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Off with the family for a week, any other snowhead families going to be there at the same time ?

Staying at the Les Domaines de l´Arselle in 1750 with Snowtrex. Anyone got any experience of these apartments or any resort tips, please fire away. Very Happy

thanks.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Not much help to you, but we are looking at that deal for Easter. Would be very interested in your trip report when you get back.

Have a great time.

Sharon
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
give me a nudge when i get back.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've been skiing up at Chamrousse since early January. The snow has been great so far - there is a new telecabine at Chamrousse 1650, only opened at the beginning of the season. It is working very well, and has a much increased capacity. January was fantastic. I am lucky enough to be living in Grenoble at the moment, and the resort was pretty quiet - except on Wednesdays when the local school kids have the day off. Was starting to get more busy this week, but not excessive. There is a Rossignol Demo/Equipment Tour taking place on Feb 15/16 at 1650 - where you can try out equipment etc. I want to try the new Rossignol Zenith 9.5 skis Happy I'm sure you will have a great time.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
For Chamrousse also look at Erna Low as their prices are per apartment incl car on tunnel train with £150 off itf you make your own way.
Easiest route is eurostar/tgv to Grenoble (we got this for last 2 years for £99 ret and isere bus up to Chamroisse approx 11 euro return.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Leaving at 6:30 am tomorrow. Kids promise they have remembered everything ... but i keep finding bits they were "sure" they packed Puzzled Shocked

hope the sun is shining in the day and snow falling at night!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
CharlieL,
I read that the lifts operate from 9am till 7pm daily at Chamrousse. Is that correct?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi, The lifts are only open that late on Saturday's during the French school holidays
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
ncorps wrote:
Hi, The lifts are only open that late on Saturday's during the French school holidays

Are you guys crazy? It is pitch black at 7pm in February.

There is now night skiing at Chamrousse with some floodlit pistes. No idea if this is included in the standard lift pass.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
davidof,
I was thinking more late march/april time for a visit; I was reading a local hotels advertising blurb & it made ref to skiing from 9am till 7pm all week!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
http://www.chamrousse.com/www-sommaire-345-HIVER-UK-SKI_GLISSE.html
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Just back from a fantastic week in Chamrousse.

Agree with Davidoff re 7pm skiing !! i've never heard of that !!

Had 3 sunny days and 3 awesome powder days. I REALLY liked the resort as a familly resort, enough to challenge the familly and wonderful off piste through the trees safe enogh to take the family anywhere off piste though the trees in 1700 and 1750.

1650 was a little more challanging but as a family, could ski all reds and most blacks (2nd week for kids aged 11 and 15). Nothing particularly challanging for the confident intermediate, but as theconditions were so changing each day, it semed new all the time.

Lift queues at the bases were a blooming nightmare.... i've never experience that before 25min waits. But as it was a family reort, as soon as it snowed... it was straight on as too lightweight to be out there !!

However, you need to get smart with this and use the button lifts more when busy at the 1750 side. The 1650 side is much better as has a "harder" reputation. But as I said above, its well skiiable as a family. The gondala and 4 man on 1650 side has minimal queues.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy