Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Whistler, Canada, Passes 1000cm of Snowfall

Poster: A snowHead
Whistler, Canada, received 999cm of cumulative snowfall at mid-mountain in the 3 months between Nov 2009 and Feb 1 2010 and should pass the 1000cm (10m) level in the next day or two.

To put it in context, even the snowiest resorts in the European Alps, such as Lech and Val d'Isere, normally only get 400 - 700cm of snowfall during an entire 5-month season.

Of course, the downside is Whistler sees less sun.

Snowfall stats for Whistler here:

http://www.whistlerblackcomb.com/weather/snowreport/index.htm
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Excellent news in Olympic year.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Excellent we will be there beginning of March for the Canadian leg of our season Toofy Grin
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
the other downside is that it has set super solid....
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
And in the Town it could have all been Rain
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
For the Olympics 50cm of hard snow would be much better than 10ms of slush! I hear there is growing concern about possible postponements to ski events.

I think this is Cypruss Mountain near Vancouver

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/03022010/58/olympic-venues-import-snow.html
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Mike Pow "Taking measurements from Niseko Now, as of 30 January 2010 Hirafu is up to 10m of snowfall at village level so far this season."
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Cypress is much further south and warmer than Whistler.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You all make good points

This season, Whistler's alpine is in GREAT condition - plenty of snow, almost always quality light stuff too. Coverage is sick. If anyone tries telling you the snow has been 'bad' then don't believe them, out of that 1000cm, approx 2-3 snowfalls have been the wet/heavy stuff accounting for less than 100cm of the total.
However, it has been 50/50 rain/snow in the valley(with more rain than snow lately), and currently the base down low is quite smaller than up top (still enough for 100% coverage though)
So, the olympic runs are in decent shape, and will be more than adequate for the games but they are not 'epic' like the upper mountain.

Cypress in Vancouver on the other hand is struggling - I have not been there but through photos and news it appears they are struggling to get the hill ready for the events they will be holding.

Edit: I just heard that the bottom of Peak to Creek is starting to show bare patches, so the base is definitely getting thin here too. No doubt they have preserved the snow on the race courses better.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
wbsr, I think for safe race conditions they need hard snow, although I'm not sure how hard it needs to be to be? However having been on the Kitzbuhel course last week it was a sheet of bullet proof ice from top to bottom, not so much fun for recreational skiing but perfect for racers! I assume softer snow will not be such an issue for freestyle events.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I got back from Lake Louise on 31st jan. All the news in Canada is surrounding the conditions in Cypress they are shipping snow in by the truck load and storing snow under tarps also hay bails on the hill to protect what is there!! The snow in Louise was very hard packed and icy in places so would have been perfect for the racers. According to weather reports the weather is currently mild for this time of year with little snowfall recently
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Had to dig down the list a bit to find the most recent Whistler post! - Here's an on-the-spot update, after our arrival last night.

They may have had 10 metres up to the beginning of February, (and another 50 cm in the last week) but the snow at the base is pretty thin. However up top it's a different matter Very Happy .

We got here last night, and immediately felt the Olympic impact: the sea-to-sky roadworks are complete and the transfer was significanlty quicker - we even got though central Vancouver without significant holdups.

This morning we had sunshine and blue skies. Normally this guarantees crowded slopes as half of Vancouver decides to drive up to Whistler for the weekend.

Clearly, there's still some Olympic aversion being felt: although they've reopened some of the car parks, the slopes were pretty quiet. I didn't have any waits for the lift (thanks to the singles line: Mrs. A usually takes the first day off to recover from jetlag. - Actually, considering my parlous state of fitness, I could have done with a couple of 15-minute queues).

With the sunshine it was pretty warm - which was just as well, because the snow as hard-packed and refrozen, first thing and either slick and icy or teeth-chatteringly rutted until the sun climbed a bit higher. After that, I got the distinct impression of being overdressed, as it soon got pretty warm.

I spent the day on Blackcomb, and most of the time was recovering my ski legs on the groomers. I'm now quite satisfactorily knackered, but recuperating with a cold beer.

The village is still full of Olympic activity, with the Paralympics coming to close, tomorrow: There's still quite a party atmosphere, and loads of Russians parading around in Sochi2014 gear. I guess that most of them will be part of the observation and planning team.

We have a change in the weather forecast, with more typical conditions (rain in the village - snow in the alpine -arriving this evening, and we might get another 20 cm in the next few days: bring it on.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
We were there last week and had the best powder and snow of our season. It was fantastic conditions and atmosphere so enjoy your week
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Mouth,

I'll be enjoying my 2 weeks!

- As predicted, today reverted to what people believe to be typical of Whistler - rain in the village and cloud shrouding mid-mountain. However, overnight snow delivered some nice powder to the top of the mountain (turning into cement and granular sludge the nearer you got to the bottom: something for everyone Shocked ).

We're due for another 10cm tonight, apparently, with the freezing level dropping.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
The Acacia powder magnetism works again!

Two days of snowfall (Sunday and Monday) dump 40 cm on Whistler (more at the top) and even some snow settling in the village.

This coincided nicely with my Murray Camp, where all thoughts of running gates evaporated in pursuit of the fresh stuff. The Alpine didn't open on Monday, but there was plenty to be had mid-mountain, and on Tuesday we had some amazing conditions in Whistler Bowl (and some spectacular face-plants).

Wednesday threw up some sunshine, and everything else got shredded in the good visibility.

The top of the mountain still has great conditions, although the lower slopes (below the Gondola midstation) seriously suck (....when in Canada, pick up the vernacular!).

Today was the last day for us, but we still got some good snow mid-mountain as the next storm system blew in a bit earlier than expected.

Until this week, the mountains have been quiet, but Spring Break and the Easter weekend is starting to draw in the crowds (still only a 10-minute wait for the gondola this morning, though, and no problems waiting for the chairs.

This year's party trick is to stand in line at the Harmony chair with your pole held vertically above your head. This encourages the local avian wildlife to fly down and perch on the pole (they expect a snack: if they don't get it, then they cr*p on your goggles).
snow report
Whisky Jacks.........
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy