Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Driving Conditions from Grenoble?

Poster: A snowHead
Hi there, im driving from Grenoble to Les Menuires on sunday, I know its early in the week but was wondering are all the roads clear with the recent snowfalls? Or is there snow in and around Grenoble? Does anyone know how far from the alps the snow has fallen? What is the forecast for the snow this week re. driving conditions or will there be not enough snow to hamper the journey.

I notice there is no thread for Les Menuires 2009/2010 (or maybe im blind Very Happy ) so can anyone report the conditions there?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
essexsaloman, Ask next Saturday. The roads were clear on Sunday afternoon but it is snowing hard now.

There was a thread on Les Menuires but the main poster has retired hurt.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
essexsaloman, I am driving home sometime between this Thursday and Tuesday next week so I'm weather watching too, and at the moment it looks like being a pretty snowy weekend. But Sunday will be less busy than Saturday, so that will help. But as rjs says, you won't know for sure until much nearer the time. Are you renting a car? Make sure you get snow chains, and know how to fit them.

I'm not far from rjs and it's chucking it down here too. snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
pam w, I have just been shopping, it was snowing down to Sallanches.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
rjs, I can well believe it. It started just as we were leaving Praz sur Arly this afternoon. We did some shopping down there so took the car, rather than have to ski home in what looked like becoming a grotty afternoon. Glad we did; it was perishingly cold down there. There was a marked temperature inversion this morning - it was colder in Praz than in Les Saisies and of course those slopes hold their snow because they don't get much sun. Bit of a daft choice, really.

Driving in the mountains is so hit and miss. You could drive the same road two hours apart and find totally different conditions.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Is it still to early to ask about the conditions and how far the snow has fallen to grenoble?

Im eager to know! Cant wait for sunday!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
essexsaloman, it's snowing hard here, but it's very warm today; forecast for Grenoble is rain, then a bit more rain. Snow in Les Menuires, though. snowHead http://france.meteofrance.com/france/montagne?MONTAGNE_PORTLET.path=montagneprevisionville/732571

Chains could well be needed on Saturday but Sunday probably not, if the forecasts can be believed. You should have a great week - some fresh snow in the next few days, then quite a bit of sun. But very, very, cold at the top. Take all the layers!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Good to hear that it is snowing! Fingers crossed it continues through to sunday and then some sun for a nice powder day snowHead Looks like there might be some still to come if some of the forecasts are to be belived for tommorow!

Cheers for all your responses people, it is much appreciated! Pam we do have snowchains and are aware how to fit them, thankyou very much for your help! The people on this forum really are nice friendly guys and girls! Razz
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Chaos in the Hte Savoy yesterday. Both the Chamonix -> Bourg en Bresse motorway and the Chamonix Annecy motorways were closed. In the case of the Annecy stretch a series of accidents in heavy snow blocked the highway. The police decided to close the road to allow the recovery operation then the snowploughs to clear the road properly. They are absolutely blitzing the autoroutes with salt at the mo. Worth stopping at a pressure washer to clean your car. Snowing above 1000m this morning, there's about 50cm of fresh. I would keep the chains handy for Sunday.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Driving conditions are now very poor with heavy snow although this isn't settling yes on the roads in Grenoble it is just up the valley.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
davidof, not here it isn't - the road in 2Alpes is merely wet with the odd bit of slush.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Lizzard, what goes on up there? It's jolly snowy here. But it is fairly warm so maybe it's all melting on main roads. I'm planning on driving a few hours up towards Calais tonight (daughter is in labour.....) but if it's too grim we'll stop.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
pam w, it's snowing as I squeak, it just isn't lying on the road. There's quite a lot of traffic though.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
what was the weather like today? Hoping for an easy transfer tommorow tommorow.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
essexsaloman, apparently the roads generally are a disaster area, but working as I do in the middle of a roundabout, I can tell you that in 2Alpes they are perfectly clear. Laughing
snow conditions
Lizzard wrote:
essexsaloman, apparently the roads generally are a disaster area, but working as I do in the middle of a roundabout, I can tell you that in 2Alpes they are perfectly clear. Laughing

You must have a microclimate.

Weather cleared up about 1pm and the clouds are clearing out now for a sunny, but chilly, evening.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy