Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

3 valleys in French hols

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all.

I booked a week in the 3 valleys at the weekend, from 21st Feb.

I checked this wasn't British hols time (it's not) but stupidly didn't think about the other European countries. Using the very useful guide at http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=55341 I see it's the French hols...have a I let myself in for a bad week?

Thanks,
Ed
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ahh on closer inspection it's zone a and c only...so hoping won't be too bad...
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The French school holidays are always available from la bouche du cheval:

http://www.education.gouv.fr/calendrier.php?za=Zone+A&zb=Zone+B&zc=Zone+C&annee0=5&annee1=8&annee2=58&annee3=9&x=8&y=9
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The 3 valleys is so big you will soon be away from the crowds, school holidays or not.

We go every year in the English school holiday week and I dont ever remember queing more than 10-15mins and that is exceptional and only at the main intersection points.

I suppose I dont know what it is like when it isnt a school holiday but I can ensure you it WONT be a bad week
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
mandb wrote:

I dont ever remember queing more than 10-15mins and that is exceptional and only at the main intersection points.

You have to queue going downhill? Shocked Shocked
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Ed Ludlow, I'd agree with mandb generally speaking, and there are usually work arounds to avoid the worst queues. Plattieres 1&2 out of Mottaret can be avoided by taking the Combes and Chatelet chairs. And there's a quick hop over to the Menuires valley via the Combe chair and Roc de Tougne drag. Biolley chair in Courchevel 1850 has a fast lane for singles. However, the St Martin 2 chair is a bottleneck at the best of times and best avoided if you can. Enjoy your time in the best ski area anywhere IMHO
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

mandb wrote:

I dont ever remember queing more than 10-15mins and that is exceptional and only at the main intersection points.

You have to queue going downhill? Shocked Shocked

There are ski resorts where you have to queue!? Razz
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I went to Meribel second week in Feb last year. I expected it to be busy but at times I had pistes to my self. Just get to the outer areas as families tend to stick close to the resorts so as to be able to pick the kids up from ski school.

adrian
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks all. I've been to the three valleys I think 7 times now and the sheer size of the place is on the reasons I keep going back. Am fairly confident the french hols won't be a problem, so thanks all for the reassurance.

Ed
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
yes you should be ok, we went there that last last year. The Dutch are probably on holiday too
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ed - will be there that week and have done it in the past. As folks have said, there can be queues at some of the lifts but mostly it's OK.

Let's hope the snow is good, it already looks better than last year.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Absolutely. I was there a month or so later last year (in VT) and the snow was great, but IIRC was a bit scratchy around this time.

Can't wait Smile
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy