Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Candide wins first round of the FWT.

Poster: A snowHead
Candide (FRA) wins his first Freeride World Tour event... Mitch Toelderer (AUT) wins in Snowboard, Jess McMillan (USA) in women's ski & Susan Mol (USA) in women's snowboard.
Photos and more links later.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
http://www.freerideworldtour.com/en/news/nissan-freeride-de-chamonix-mont-blanc-podiums_0-1811
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
looking forward to seeing the footage
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Good to see the UK in no 3 spot (snowboarding) - Stentiford still ripping, he must be nearly 40....
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
No suprise there then! Does anyone know if/where I could watch the footage?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Bare with me on this as it's pretty complicated, in my head at least.

Right if i understand correctly what i've read Candide was supposed to be entering the Cham round as a one off.

BUT the Russian round was cancelled due to avi danger or something like that. So they decided to run 2 rounds consecutively in Cham if i understand what i've read. So does this mean he's won the Cham round or the Russian round? & will he now be entering the other round/rest of the competition?

Oh & he rocks!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
What a legend, the greatest skier in the World no doubt, he could hang up his boots now he's done it all! Looking forward to seeing the footage.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
He skis for Coreupt.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
do you do his boots? Wink
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I was impressed with this:

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1195830

So I'm looking forward to more.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Do you think he uses those bent skis?
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
http://www.youtube.com/user/FreerideWorldTourTV#p/u/0/Ajes1eq2itA
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Isn't Candide primarily a freestyler? If so that is really impressive to win a round of the freeride would tour.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
It's not a great clip that. Someone should have a word with the cameraman/helicopter pilot as the whole shot from behind the skier perspective doesn't make it look half as good as i'm sure it was.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
rambotion, Tis true, but I'm not sure Candide can still compete against the new generation of young freestylers, maybe the reason, please don't quote me on that!!!
frank4short, Agreed, I didn't see the comp live but felt a little disappointed at the images, people that were there tell me it was fast fluid and totally impressive. Looking at the full list of results I am a little perplexed, Aure and Seb not really doing them selves justice. Puzzled
ski holidays
I thought Candide's run looked very fluid (apart from when he was in the air). I was expecting more from him, Tim Duttons 3rd place looked like a better run.

Maybe they were just giving Candide first place so that he starts skiing on the whole tour.
ski holidays
I'm suprised at aurelein ducroz finishing so low down seen as chamonix is where he lives and trains
ski holidays
parlor,
Quote:

I thought Candide's run looked very fluid (apart from when he was in the air). I was expecting more from him, Tim Duttons 3rd place looked like a better run.

Maybe they were just giving Candide first place so that he starts skiing on the whole tour.

I think that's just from how they shot the video. Very poor from the cameraman, crap angles throughout. I think if you saw it form looking straight up at the face as usual, the run would ahve seemed much more impressive.
latest report
parlor, You are kidding? Candide's run was may more fluid and he skied his whole line at warp speed, Candide doesn't need to prove anything to anyone and it just re-affirms in my mind he is the greatest skier on the planet Smile
snow report
Stunning!!! That just looks brilliant. Where are they skiing from?
snow conditions
clarky999, Gsyfreerider, even so, I get how it was fluid, super smooth, fast etc etc but he could have taken anyone of the little drops and trow in some of the steezy moves that he's so famous for. It's not an Alaskan line for a video which is how it looked. I enjoyed the camera angles as it goes but he hit 2 maybe 3 airs, and we saw nothing, in fact IMO he was all over the place.

Henrik, Seb M, Phil M, JT. Anyone of those guys would have been throwing down just as hard, skiing just as fast, fluid and with some FLAIR.

Candide, from what I saw, was boring. I wasn't there, what do I know. I was disappointed.
snow conditions
parlor, You need to consider the technical difficulty of the line when making the judgement...
snow report
Liveezy, which I did. Again, I haven't seen all the lines so who knows how Candide did compared to the other riders. I guess the judges did! Wink

I'm still convinced that it's been partially rigged. Candide has not signed on to ski the whole tour, a first place might make him think differently...
snow report
parlor, I have to agree on all points dude. As I pointed out earlier, he skis for CoreUPT. wink
ski holidays
aren't these things done on two runs? so someone who does 2 decent runs will beat someone who does one awesome run and one crap one?
ski holidays
http://www.zapiks.fr/fwt-chamonix-riding-news-2-8-1.html
snow report
Arno, Er no, basically they are F*cked when they get to the bottom so they only do the one run. SMALLZOOKEEPER, Spect you wouldn't be dissing Candide if you did his boots? Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Gsyfreerider, hmmm - think on the Freeskiing (not to be confused with Freeride...) World Tour they do 2 runs over 2 days
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Results for big air / freeride competitions are always subjective. Without doubt Candide easily deserved to be in the top 3. Watching the highlights the only other competitors who didnt hesitate / backslap or totally crash seemed to be kaj and tim. Did he deserve to win ? Well he took a unique line and skied it really well - which is all that really matters.
Whatever the discipline he always manages to make everything look easy and effortless - but that is his unique style ?

Just because its Candide I think everyone expected flips and spins... But then if he had won solely on the merit of pulling freestyle tricks then people would also be complaining ? Without doubt he is a good enough skier to potentially win on Bec De Rosses... Very Happy
latest report
if he starts doing flips and spins on the Bec de Rosses, he really will deserve to win Cool
ski holidays
http://www.freerideworldtour.com/en/news/nissan-russian-adventure-by-swatch-chamonix-podiums_0-1940
ski holidays
Candide second
snow report
Have a feeling there will be alot of fall out at the end of this year's tour.
snow report
Arno, He'll probably do it Switch.... Smile
snow report
Good video of all the highlights - a better represenation of just how good these guys are.
http://www.vimeo.com/9243930

I like this one as you get the POV run and the main camera run - that double drop by JT Holmes through the jagged rock is amazing!
http://www.vimeo.com/9208475
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy