Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Lufthansa/Swiss Air Ski Luggage

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

I'm flying with Lufthansa in March, I've just spoken to a lady from there on the phone who said that as long as I confirm the size & weight of the ski luggage in advance - there should be no problem with size & weight.

I was thinking of buying some luggage big enough for my boots as well as ski's - would this be ok? I need a new bag anyway, but I don't want to go out and buy something if it's going to be too big/heavy.

Cheers
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Your standard luggage is limited to 20kg as usual. I flew with lufthansa with a ski bag containing 2 sets of skis, some clothes and a pair of boots and it was taken onboard no problem.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I spoke to them this week to book my skis in and confirm that the luggage allowance is 20kg. The lady confirmed this and said as well as the allowance and skis I could take a separate boot bag as well so I wouldn't have thought you would have a problem.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Great, sounds good - thanks Smile
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I have booked with Swiss and on top of your checkd in luggage (20kgs) you can take on top of that one pair of skis and one pair of ski boots... Just give Swiss a call in advance, ie asap to advise them that you will be bringing skis and boots!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I flew with Lufthansa with the same rules, and did the same - managed to get my boots into my double ski bag with various items of clothing wrapped around everything for padding, and it was absolutely fine (and made a lovely change from being ripped off by Ryanair!!)
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
January 2nd, Zürich Airport:

Check In Agent: Did you book with Swiss or Lufthansa?

Me: Swiss

Check In Agent: That's good, because if you had booked with Lufthansa, you'd have a problem now.

Me: That's why I booked with Swiss.

Moral: Even though it's the same plane, it makes a difference which airline you book your tickets with.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Lufthansa asked me the weight of my skis when I called to book them on (had to do this after booking online, which was a slight pain).

I was about to (and now have, yey!) buy new ones so I gave the usual weight and explained that I'll actually be taking a new pair. They then told me the maximum is 15kg.

But it doesn't sound like they'll check it!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just flown Manchester to Munich and back with skis with Lufthansa, no problems, no questions asked either way, no charge.

D
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
michaelminhatkinson, you dont need to call in advance for ski and golf equipment on swiss. Just other sports equipment like surfboards I guess.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Swiss are non too fussy about the exact 20kg limit either, i've had 22.5 and just got a 'naughty boy' smile of the check in girl Smile
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
red 27, powdermonkey had 26kg and he just said to buy another bag next time so you can put it as ski gear and take more Smile
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Nadenoodlee, Laughing they're a class above
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy