Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Austria for next year...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Well my leave is used up now, so no more skiing holidays for me this year. Sad

I'm considering going back to Austria next year (been 4 times), I spotted a good deal for less than £500 HB to Filzmoos but the skiing doesn't look very advanced to me and I really want to test myself!

There is another one for £100 extra to Galtur which is close to Ischgl which I've heard good things about, I'd stay in Ischgl itself but your talking over £1000 at least for Half Board! Shocked

Anyone got any info about these and any other places that might be of interest to me? Thanks! snowHead
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
RichardB, Have been to Galtur and several times to Ischgl. The ski area at Galtur is quite small but reasonably varied and pleasant and never crowded. If you are looking fo r advanced skiing you won't find a lot of piste there and will probably look down the valley to Ischgl. It is at the head of the valley and north facing and gets very cold in winter.
There is a ski bus down to Ischgl, can't remember if you have to pay as I have had a car when I have been. Ischgl is a good area, big and varied which I am back to in a couple of weeks. Prices are on hte high side by Austrian standards but good value compared with the big French resorts.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
RichardB, Free bus to Ischgl and not too manic as it starts in Galtur so you get on OK. Ischgl is a brilliant ski area, top 10 in the Alps easy.

Double check in Ischgl first - there are cheaper places B&B and you can eat out well on the Hotel's Abendmenus for 15€ a night (or there's always Burger King...) The Feriengluck is a good B&B (ZimmerFruhstruck just doesn't sound the same...)
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I agree with red 27, look for pensions or b and b on edge of Ischgl and you could well pick up a bargain, central Ischgl hotels are pricey, but there is value to be had. The area is big with lots of good off piste options and fewer people chasing first tracks thannon some other places. And some really fun steep piste runs. Ischgl après is fab especially Niki's Stadl- there are some slightly sleazy or risqué - depending on your opinion- clubs. But you can choose whether or not to go there. Overall a great place to be whether you are in town or bussing in!! Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
RichardB, Not long back from Kappl with family and was really impressed with Kappl and very good value. Skied Ischgl one day and thought skiing was excellent. Neighbour went to Filzmoos years ago (I'm talking over 20) and he hated it. Based on that I would head for the Panznaun valley over Filzmoos. We did not manage to get to Galtur because in fairness we were really impressed with teh skiing in Kappl.
If you're going with family you should look into Kappl as I thought it was hard to beat for a family trip. Otherwise as the others say probably better staying close to Ischgl if you want the apres (although not as good as St Anton's IMO)
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for the advice! Cool

Galtur is looking a near certainty, its more convenient base than Filzmoos for getting to more challenging terrain and Ischgl's ski area seems ideal for me. I may well be booking it by the end of the week! snowHead
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy