Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Savoy takes a pounding

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've just driven from Albertville to Grenoble both on the RN and autoroute and can only describe the conditions as "challenging" with ongoing heavy snow, multiple accidents and road closures. There is currently 5cm of snow lying on the roads although convoys are being organised behind snow ploughs for the autoroute - the only problem is when you want to get off the road there is a bank of 10-15cm of fresh snow. Snow is very slippery.

The Lyon->Chambery road was closed earlier around le Tour du Pin and also on the Chambery by-pass due to multiple accidents.

Take care out there.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yep, chucking it down here, for some hours now. I've been trying to persuade one of my friends, due to travel back to Calais on Sunday, that it's not a good idea to leave early tomorrow morning instead.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quiet morning t the ticket windows then. I shall print out a few sudokus. Laughing
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The l'alpe d'Huez road was blocked this morning by tour busses getting stuck. I think it reopened around midday. Snow chains / tires needed above 600m.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
is there any snow in grenoble at the moment? Last time i flew there didnt see any snow for ages into the transfer drive. Would be a great start to the holiday if there was snow at the airport!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

Snow chains / tires needed above 600m.

Who told you that? I drove to work on wet roads, didn't see snow until 1600m.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

Would be a great start to the holiday if there was snow at the airport!

Don't you believe it..... it doesn't take much snow to close Grenoble airport!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quite rare to have snow for a long period of time in Grenoble I would have thought. When we drove back home on 7th and 8th January, there was continuous snow all the way from Serre Chevalier to Durham, not one part of either country was free of snow.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Lizzard wrote:
Quote:

Snow chains / tires needed above 600m.

Who told you that? I drove to work on wet roads, didn't see snow until 1600m.

on the Bison Fute website. I just got back from les 7 laux area and roads has snow above 750 meters and you needed snow tires or chains from 1100 meters. They must dump a salt mine on your roads, especially as the climb to LDA is north facing. On Friday snow tires were a good idea even in the valley.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Yes, it's white down to Albertville (not that I've been down there, but the entire valley is white as far as the eye can see). Snow still hard frozen on the road here at 1550m despite sun all day. Chilly, that's what it is.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I was in Pra Loup for the weekend, it started snowing down to Barcelonette about 8pm on Friday and lots of people were getting stuck trying to get up the hill.

It was -20 in the valley there this morning, the roads were clear on the way back but nothing was melting on the fields.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
We left ADH on Saturday at 2.30pm and there were no hold ups until Grenoble. Coach driver seemed to know another route, so hardly any problems. Missed all the fun - had no idea of the difficulties Shocked
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Drove over the Jura via Pontarlier Friday evening to Dijon. It was snowing hard and there were a few French registered cars in ditches on the route Shocked
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy