Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Adjusting Marker Dukes

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've left my Alpine boots in Chamonix so am trying to adjust my dukes to fit My touring boots (endorphins). I've left on the Vibram soles (although have the alpine soles if necessary). I've worked out how to lift the front to properly secure the toe and I've moved the back forward. But I can't see any sort of guide to indicate if the pressure is correct? If anyone has any experience of fitting dukes I'd appreciate any tips/ reassurance. Tks snowHead
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
the forward pressure screw should be flush with the surround - it always feels like more pressure than it should be
i find the vibram sole sometimes catches when stepping into the binding cos it's so tight. also, if you have boots made from pebax watch for the heel getting chewed by the binding
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Arno, thanks for responding. To raise the front I turned the screw set into the front part of the binding. Seemed to work. Couldn't see a guide to indicate if the pressure from the rear was correct so just set it to what looked like a tight fit. Felt solid although didn't fall so no idea if it would have released.... Managed to drive the Kuros much better than expected with the Endorphins. Nice surprise.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
you need to adjust the forward pressure with the boot in the binding fyi
(sorry if that's obvious)
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Arno, Sorry disagree, the forward pressure screw should be adjusted with the boot out of the binding and then boot inserted. If screw not flush remove boot and adjust again.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Arno, gsb, I'm a bit confused. The screw to raise/lower the forward part of the binding is set well into the binding (like 2cm's in). It is not flush with anything?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
gsb, you could be right now i think about it - haven't done it this season but recalled that you had to have the heel engaged. that said, can't see that it makes much difference whether you have the boots in or not

bobinch, are you talking about setting the afd? I have been thinking about the forward pressure which is in the heel. for the toe you do the thing of putting a thin bit of paper between the boot and the AFD and tightening up until you just can't pull the paper out, then slacking off a tiny bit. there can be a bit of play which can mislead you into thinking it is almost tight enough which is why you need to tighten the screw until you actually can't pull the paper out then slacken off slightly

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Sun 31-01-10 2:05; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
bobinch, what you're talking about is the toe height adjustment. The "forward pressure" is the "boot length" adjustment - sets the pressure the with which the heel piece holds the boot against the toe piece.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Arno, yes I think so. Did the paper thing for the front which seems ok. It was the back I wasn't sure about. The screw I turned didn't seem to change it's "flushness" to the casing. Sorry I'm about as practical as an elephant....

ps clicked through onto your Tanzania/Zanzibar pics and they are superb. We did that combo for our honeymoon and loved it.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
bobinch, IIRC the one for the toe won't change its flushness - it's a matter of getting the AFD at the right height. the forward pressure screw is the same one that adjusts how far forward/back the heel piece is

thanks for the compliment on the pics - we got very lucky with the animals!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy