Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Boots question, help!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
hi
i bought a pair of salomon performa 4.0, but heard they're not good boots. i have realli fat calfs, high arch, high instep, and those boots just fit. im not gonna race, ill prob some some tricks but mostly all mountain skiing.

question
1. are the performa 4.0 realli bad boots? im low intermediate but learn quite fast, i want this pair of boots to last me quite a few years...

2. are there any other botos that'll fit my fat calfs? my boot fitter said that the performas are prob the only ones that would...

thanks!
if i can get better boots for my needs, i'm gonna return them for other boots, dont wanna waste my money you see...any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Enoch I can't comment on the performa 4 specifically but there are several boots out there that may fit as well, I have massive calf musccels and found that a pair of rossignol soft boots fitted really well, in fact they are the only boot I've had in the last 10 yers that didn't need the top buckle to be moved to get it to close, in the end if the boots are comfortable (you can ski all day in them) then there is nothing wrong with the ones you have, if you can't ski all day in them then you need to have them adjusted or replaced with something else. Reviews are not all that helpful someone with small calfs may review your boot and say its bad, another person with big calfs may review the boot and say it is good, an awful lot of reviews are subject to a persons individual preferences when it comes to ski gear
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
i tried the rossi soft and it didnt close. maybe thats a good indicator how big my calf is =P
are there any diff between the soft 1s and soft 2s? should i go for a refit? my season doesnt start until july, and i dont know if they'll still take the boots back by that time, thats why im so paranoid right now.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
enoch, soft 1's are the stiffest of the rossi soft boots, note these are different to the soft light 1s, If your calfs are as big as you say you're going to have real problems getting any boots to fit I'm afraid
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
the performa 4.0 with the buckles moved to the widest fits, is there any other boots as wide in the calf area as the performa?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I had the opposite problem. I was unable to fully tighten my old Tecnica X9 boots, even with some foam packing in front of the tongue.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
haha do u want some of my calf muscles? maybe even some fat? =P
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
enoch, what size are your feet? If they are small enough, you might want to try a womans boot - they tend to have lower cuffs to accomodate womens calves (which tend to be bigger/lower than mens)
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Performance is always nice, but if the boots are the most comfortable ones you tried, I feel that this is probably the most important factor. As you said, you won't be racing or anything.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
If they are comfortable whats the problem. Mrs Frosty had an unlimited budget when buying some boots this yr in La Plagne. She has hideously cold feet and the best boots for her, by a bus ride, were some Performa 8s. She adores the boots as her fet are warm, comfy and stable. i have not heard that 4s are bad boots.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
enoch, Wear The Fox Hat, said you might want to try a womans boot - they tend to have lower cuffs to accomodate womens calves (which tend to be bigger/lower than mens).

that's what I did. I got Head World Cup TRs a couple of years ago and they have been perfect. The problems I had previously had with calves fit vanished. (I even preferred the colour - grey versus the men's yellow)
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
wow my gf would love to be reading this.
ok thanks! ill go try a pair of womans boot and ill report on the findings!

hypothesis, woman's boots fit guys with big calfs and not make u look gay.

aim: to find a fitting boot for myself

method: try on womans boots.

results: stay tuned!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy