Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Zermatt

Poster: A snowHead
I will be there on the 6th of February anyoneknow what the snow conditions are like or are likely to
be.

Graham
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
They are likely to be good, as they nearly always are in that high, dark Swiss valley
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
i was thinking of hiring a guide for off piste if snow conditions are good.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
grahamsm1, looks like snow for the next fews days , so looking good for you, we are out in zermatt on the 27th and cant wait,
think you may need to book guide in advance from what i hear.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for the info Neilski looks like I will be packing my off piste skis then Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
We will also be there on the 6th Feb, hoping for a dump of snow before then as reading other reports Zermatt could do with some. Of course we want sunshine for our week!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I was in Zermatt last week, on-piste conditions typically good, but off-piste is not looking too flash. The place needs snow, there are areas off-piste with grass visable and plenty of rocks. About 4 inches fell on Friday night (I left on Saturday morning) but it needs a lot more. Fingers crossed for you !
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
In Zermatt now (and in fact until Easter). At the moment, pistes are good but there is not much of piste at all. We need snow badly - the pistes are being topped up with the artificial snow but off piste is rubbish. Sorry.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'm there on the 6th too. Looks like more snow coming this week. Very Happy
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
swisssnowbunny, thx for the update - all of us who are coming out in the next couple of weeks will keep our fingers crossed that you will (a) continue to give us updates (many th snowHead ks) and (b) be able to report regular reports of new snow and off-piste action !!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
thanks to all who have replied, keeping my fingers crossed for more snow
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Clear blues sky. -8. Pistes are in great condition, no lift queues and quiet pistes.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Good morning all. Another blue sky day, we're off to ski to Cervinia for lunch today
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I was there last week, got back yesterday. The pistes were all good but off piste was rubbish until the last day on Saturday. About 10-15 cm snowed in resort and more up top. Great off piste was to be had but got tracked out quite quickly. Also trashed my skis up on Stockhorn after hitting a rock underneath the powder, so snow depth cannot be that good.

So jealous of anybody heading out there soon.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Spyderman, keep em, coming , we are out to zermatt on the 27th and am now starting to get seriously excited snowHead
ski holidays
Another glorious day. -7 , not a cloud in the sky, zero wind. Everything is open and few queues.
snow conditions
Zermatt on Friday. -24 on Klein Matterhorn. Pistes are in great shape, albeit a bit hard in places. Consistently low temps have kept the snow in great shape, with zero ice to be seen. There really isn't the depth of base to be able to ski off-piste without the risk of clouting rocks on a regular basis (spoken from experience).

This is how it looks though.

snow report
shame they can't get a ruddy great cable car up to the top and then carve out a nice red run
ski holidays
is anyone out there at the moment, the snow reports are saying a fair bit of new snow has fallen and more is on way way for next week Cool and just wondered what it was actually like on the ground.
we are out next saturday and any news would be good wink
snow report
is anyone out there at the moment, the snow reports are saying a fair bit of new snow has fallen and more is on way way for next week Cool and just wondered what it was actually like on the ground.
we are out next saturday and any news would be good wink
snow conditions
Hi,

Have been in Zermatt since Saturday and the conditions are good.

There is good coverage across all areas, but of course, there could always be more Toofy Grin
latest report
the littlest hobo, thanks , we are sooooooo looking forward to getting there Laughing
the weather forcast is indicating snow almost every day , but no major dumps Crying or Very sad
is that an accurate account Puzzled
snow report
Unfortunately no. It snowed yesterday evening which freshened things up somewhat, but no sign of the quantities predicted on some websites. That said, conditions are still really good, and even better on the Cervinia side. According to local weather sources (and snow-forecast.com), it's due to snow on Friday which should clear a few patches here and there and top up the rest Smile

Neilski, have PM'd you if you want to meet up for a ski+beer when you're here.
ski holidays
Arrived in Zermatt yesterday afternoon. Lovely train ride from Zurich. Met up with all the ski buddies - 7 of us with abilities ranging from complete beginner to former national team member - and had dinner in the hotel. Never skied anywhere other than France before so I'm quite excited about getting on to the first lift today. Hopefully there will be some snow up there because at village level it's conspicuous by its absence. 2 degrees yesterday at 6 pm.
ski holidays
So, first day of skiing. Where's all the snow? The pistes have enough to be ski-able but it's pretty icy and really needs another metre. There was some forecast for this afternoon but about six flakes fell while we were having a late lunch and then no more. Light is flat. Don't get me wrong, I'm in the mountains with skis and there is snow on the pistes, so I am having a good time. But it could definitely be better.
snow report
Better day yesterday. Over on the Cervinia side the snow was much nicer. I think they must have had a little bit of fresh snow overnight. Coming back to Zermatt in a complete whiteout and mostly on ice was distinctly unpleasant though. Weather forecast says sunshine today so fingers crossed.
snow report
Yesterday was bright and lovely first thing. Actually being able to see the mountains makes such a difference. Very cold indeed at the top of the Matterhorn Express and the route back down was mostly ice with a few wind-whipped moguls. Tried to do a snow dance at the apres ski bar so hopefully better luck today.
ski holidays
A token amount of new snow today. Cold and windy high up. Icy pistes lower down. Tomorrow is the last day for this particular trip so it looks like we have just been unlucky with the weather. Still it could have been worse and we have skied every day so life isn't all bad Very Happy Think it will be back to Tignes for the next trip though....
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Bogusman wrote:
Better day yesterday. Over on the Cervinia side the snow was much nicer. Coming back to Zermatt ... was distinctly unpleasant

enuff said really... Toofy Grin
snow report
Just finished the last day of skiing for this trip. Probably the best day for conditions but still pretty poor when all is said and done. Still at least coming down ice sheets is easier when you can see them. A friend who has lived here for ten years says she has never seen worse snow conditions in Zermatt. And just to top things off I managed to scrape my face off a rock. No serious damage but I will have some difficult explanations to make to Mrs B tomorrow night. Sad
ski holidays
Are conditions really this bad? We're off to Zermatt next Wednesday for a long weekend.
snow report
franga, It's pretty bad, but Zermatt has loads of snow cannons so there are plenty of ski-able pistes. There is little or no off-piste available. As we were leaving on Monday the sun was shining for pretty much the only time when we were there, so that might be a hopeful sign. Based on our experience I would definitely say you should buy the pass that includes Cervinia as far and away the best snow we saw was over on that side.
ski holidays
franga, if you like fast and long piste skiing, you will have a great time in zermatt, we were there last week and skied every piste run in the resort and some of the lower itinary's (which were a bit sketchy but good fun, as its good to get away from the lifts. the only two runs closed were the long bumped itinary's stockhorn.
as bogusman said cervinia had better snow and even some untracked off piste between runs, but unless you get up early the trip over can take some time.
also found a couple of great fun off piste runs under the patrullarve 4 man chair through the rocks and down through the trees.
best top to bottom run from hohtalli to furi via red 44/35/39/41/42 this has a great place to stop for coffee where people ski under the terrace after a steep section which is great for people watching
have fun snowHead
latest report
franga, Neilski is right. I have been a bit negative because I was genuinely disappointed by the conditions. But if you ask me would I rather be here, sitting at my desk in England or out on the pistes in Zermatt - well it's a no-brainer Very Happy
snow report
Couldn't agree with you more Bogusman. Thank you both for your input / advice. Looking forward to it - flying into GVA, then train to resort. Should be fun and looking forward to having a couple of beers on the way gasping at the scenery. Might make sense to get a guide while we're there to make sure we find some decent snow.
ski holidays
franga, only bother with guide if there is a considerable snowfall before you go or when you are there, otherwise ski one area fully each day and you will cover most of what zermatt has to offer on piste, of course this depends on how long you stop for lunch Little Angel
snow conditions
franga, only bother with guide if there is a considerable snowfall before you go or when you are there, otherwise ski one area fully each day and you will cover most of what zermatt has to offer on piste, of course this depends on how long you stop for lunch Little Angel
ski holidays
Been in Zermatt for the past few days.

Onpiste is like concrete.

Offpiste is still reasonable above midstation.

Lots of avalanche activity.

Beautiful sunny day today. Same expected Saturday Cool
snow report
Thanks Whitegold - Ski Club reported 15 cm of new snow yesterday, their Rep posted a report today which stated that pistes were in excellent condition? Is most on-piste stuff skiable? Many thanks
snow report
franga, There was about 1cm in town and perhaps 5 - 10cm up top. Mainly a cosmetic dusting.

Onpiste is still skiable, 100% open and white from top to bottom. However, most everywhere is glassy and hard.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy