Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Financially troubled Intrawest sells Panorama resort

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
A business group, Panorama Mountain Village Inc., has announced it is buying Panorama resort from Intrawest. The deal is due to close in February, pending regulatory approvals....Source: http://www.cbc.ca/canada/calgary/story/2010/01/28/intrawest-sale.html?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Intrawest has been trying to sell Panorama and Copper Mountain for several years so that they can focus on larger resorts with greater opportunities for real-estate development. Copper wnet in November, and two years ago I had a long conversation with a local businessman who was part of a team attempting to negotiate the purchase of Panorama; the stumbling block was, as always, the price. It sounds as if they waited for Intrawest to get really hungry and picked the place as a fire-sale asset. Approximately £15m for a ski hill and half a golf course with huge property development potential sounds like an incredible bargain, but it won't make much of a dent in Intrawest's debt mountain.

Good luck to them.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Jonny Jones wrote:
so that they can focus on larger resorts with greater opportunities for real-estate development.

Approximately £15m ... won't make much of a dent in Intrawest's debt mountain.

Good luck to them.

sounds like they'll need it
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
red 27 wrote:
Jonny Jones wrote:
...so that they can focus on larger resorts with greater opportunities for real-estate development.

Good luck to them.

snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
(duplicate post)
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
site full of bugs tonight, or have I lost the plot? Or both? (doubtless 3 other identical posts will follow - Mods please do the honours)
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
red 27 wrote:
Jonny Jones wrote:
so that they can focus on larger resorts with greater opportunities for real-estate development.

Good luck to them.

I was wishing good luck on the Panorama buyers, not least because it's my favourite ski resort. But I guess that I also wish good luck on Intrawest - for all my reservations about the impact of their real-estate led business model, there's no doubt that they've had a track record of investing in ski resorts in a way that makes the slopes and associated facilities appealing to international visitors like me. Besides, a very large number of ski fanatics own properties in resorts owned by Intrawest, and I guess that many of them are having a slightly nervous time right now.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy