Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

LloydsTSB Insurance - Piste Closure

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We visited Borovets at New Year but unfortunately there was no snow so all but the nursery slopes and a red or two were closed. LloydsTSB won't payout without confirmation of the piste closure from our tour operator. As we were DIY we do not have a tour operator.

Has anyone encountered this problem before?

Cheers, Pete
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Normally, they require confirmation from either the TO or a local lift company representative.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

all but the nursery slopes and a red or two were closed

that probably means they won't pay out anyway - those clauses are very tightly worded. There were some pistes open.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
An insurance claim of any sort will always need to be backed up by some manner of proof. Maybe it's possible to contact the resort lift company for details of how many lifts were closed on which days to substantiate your claim?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I wouldn't bother.

1 lift + 1 run = no piste closure
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Mike Pow, pam w, That depends on the policy.

Many do indeed require all runs to be closed, but some (e.g. Direct Travel) only require 80% of the runs to be closed.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
PeteMan, e-mail the lift company and tell them you need confirmation of the % of lifts closed in order to claim on your insurance. They should sent you an attestation (we do this when asked). However, unless the closure was pretty extensive, your insurance probably won't pay
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
PeteMan, Bad news - if it's the same policy as mine (platinum) you won't get anything I'm afraid unless it's total closure of lift system...

Section L – Piste closure.
What is covered.
We will pay You up to £15 per day, up to a maximum of £150 for the cost of
transport to an alternative site if lack of snow conditions or avalanche results in
the closure of skiing facilities (excluding cross-country skiing) in Your resort and it
is not possible to ski. The cover only applies:
a) to the resort which You have pre-booked for a period exceeding 24
consecutive hours and for so long as such conditions prevail at the resort,
but not exceeding the pre-booked period of Your Trip and
b) to Trips taken outside the United Kingdom (other than Scotland) during the
published ski season for Your resort If no alternative sites are available We
will pay You compensation of £15 per day up to a maximum of £150.
Special conditions relating to claims
1. You must obtain written confirmation from the tour operator (or their
representative) of the number of days skiing facilities were closed in Your
resort and the reason for the closure.

Saying that a few years ago my wife managed to get some money back for hired skis that went missing under circumstances that strictly speaking the policy didn't cover, so try anyway.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy